Breastfeeding
Options

Supplementing for a Gassy Baby

Hello all - I'm new to this side of the bump as I usually hang on my BMB, but I thought I'd take a look over here to the experts and ask a question. My supply has been dropping since I've gone back to work- I've tried (as my pediatrician put it) "actually everything" and it still looks like we will have to supplement. I plan to continue breastfeeding as much as I can, but some formula may need to be introduced. My DD is a very gassy baby already on just breastmilk, so I'm looking for suggestions for formula brands to supplement for a gassy baby. I'd like to stick to organic if possible (right now I'm looking at Earth's Best Sensitive Formula), but it's not a deal breaker. I've also heard good things about Gerber Good Start Soothe... thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Re: Supplementing for a Gassy Baby

• Options
    @casey78 - yes, she's on culterelle now. It seems to help in the 30 minutes or so after giving it to her, but then it's back to gassy. I've been thinking about switching brands - we just did culterelle because the pediatrician had it on hand as a sample.

@christel811 - thanks, I'll have to do that. I heard the breastfeeding board dealt with supplementing as well and I'm hoping that she'll only need to do one bottle per day of formula and keep the rest breastmilk, but we'll see how my supply holds up. 
  • Options
    I've had to supplement from the beginning and we had issues with gas, spitting up and reflux. We had to switch a couple times before we found what worked for us. We use Similac Soy now. You may have to try a few before you figure out the best option for your baby. A formula designed for gas may work for you or you may find you have to stay away from milk proteins like we've had to do. I'm not familiar with all the organic brands, wish I was but we just can't afford it, so I don't have a specific recommendation for you. Good luck!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"