February 2014 Moms
Options

EPers, come in!

We've made the transition to all bottles because LO will just.not.nurse. anymore. I'm a little sad about it, but given that feedings were getting to be such a disaster of flailing and barely eating, it was the right choice to make sure her growth stays on track. 

How many times a day are you currently pumping with close to 6 month babies? What does your schedule look like?
Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
TTC #1 since 9/2012
BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
BFP #2 6/2/13
Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day

Re: EPers, come in!

• Options
    Thanks! I was hoping that 4x a day was a reasonable number. I had been doing 3x just at work, but pumping first thing made my first session at work feel WAY too early (and not very productive). I've been going without feeding ON for a long time, so that's not a huge deal.

The biggest problem with that is there's a HUGE gap between my last at work session and when I can pump at home due to a long commute, and well... baby. ;-) Right now, I'm doing a little before 6am, 10am, 2pm and then not again til 830pm when LO goes down for bed. Does that sound like a recipe for disaster?
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #2 6/2/13
  • Options
    Thanks!
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #2 6/2/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @suzyqq02, I'm not an EPer with this kiddo but I am an avid car pumper.  When I EP with my daughter, I pumped EVERYWHERE including cutting holes in a cheap backpack and using a battery pack to pump while I cleaned and vacuumed. I highly recommend making use of that long commute and pump on the go! Great way to use that otherwise wasted time.
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    Hugs @Greenbunny79! A slow decrease is exactly what happened to me with DD. KUDOS to you for pumping this long. It's a really hard row to hoe. SOO many hugs!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    Prior to going back to work I was pumping 6 times per day. One of those was a middle of the night pump..blah. Since going back to work 2 months ago I have been pumping 4 times per day (6am, noon, 5 pm, and 10pm). I try to stick to a similar schedule on the weekends too. My supply seems to be fine and hasn't changed too much.

Hope this helps! Best of luck.
  • Options
    @greenbunny79‌ I am sorry about your pumping frustration. It is hard and gets tiring. 20 plus oz a day though is pretty impressive!

• Options
    Oh, @greenbunny79, I'm so sorry! I can relate to the supply struggles, it's the suck. You've done an amazing job getting this far, thought... kudos, mama!

And I hear you on kinda being over it. Right now the switch to EP is going ok (my supply has always been crappy, so we've been combo feeding for a while now), so I'll at least make it 6 months, but after that, it'll be touch and go for sure.
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #2 6/2/13
  • Options
    I started EP at 4m due to weight gain issues. I haven't been able to pump more than 13 oz since then (so DD has been getting majority formula). Pumping was killing me-scheduling everything around it, packing it all up to go anywhere.. It just got to be too big of a hassle for me (kudos to you who are still able to do it!). I slowly dropped sessions-I now pump twice a day-morning and night. I only get about 4oz, so not even enough for a bottle. I have been using freezer stash, feeding 1 bottle of BM/day, the rest formula. She turns 6m on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure I will be quitting pumping soon after.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"