High-Risk Pregnancy

For those with gestational HBP

My son was born at 31 weeks due a major spike in my BP that would not go down.  I'm considered high risk this time and my first appt is next week.  I'm being followed by a MFM as well as my ob but they told me that I will have to monitor my BP at home throughout my pregnancy.  I plan to ask next week but I'm wondering when that begins. If you had to monitor at home when did they have you start? also did they prescribe a BP cuff for you so that insurance paid?  Again I am going to ask but I'm curious

Thanks!
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: For those with gestational HBP

• amfb12amfb12 member
    I started having spikes in my bp. My ob just noticed yesterday at my appointment. It went from 139/90 to 100/50 in 10 minutes. Going back tomorrow to follow up! But I purchased my own bp cuff to keep measurements! My doctor knows I do, but you could always call your insurance company. Actually, see if the doctor can write a prescription for a bp cuff, and the pharmacy can also help with that! Best of luck! Ps. Im from Philly too! :-)
  • the MFM already told me that at some point I would have to start monitoring at home, so I am waiting to find out when I should start and how often. I don't want to drive myself nuts. 

I'll be delivering at Abington.. what about you??
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • amfb12amfb12 member
    Gotcha, I just do morning, noon, and bed time. I am at Lankenau! My cousin delivered hers at Abington
  • Hi ladies. Did any of you have high blood pressure before your pregnancy? I was just diagnosed with chronic high blood pressure because I had some high readings before my pregnancy. I am 16w and take my blood pressure at home regularly with a monitor. My readings at home are not too bad and I seem to only spike at the doctor's office. I am not taking any medications yet. My doctor says I am in the gray area right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"