November 2013 Moms
Options

Tuesday thoughts..

One of my customers died.. ) : He was very loved by our community. I saw him probably every other day.. He lost his wife a year and a half ago and was very lonely so he visited all the businesses for company. He'd come in just to have us balance his check book and write out his bills so he could talk and socialize with all of us.. Even brought his dog in sometimes to play.

Re: Tuesday thoughts..

• Options
    @PeachesMomma‌ sorry to hear that
    : (

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    TJHineTJHine member
    A trainer is coming to meet us today and see if he can help with my pup. I'm a bundle of nerves about it, and I'm super exhausted after last night.
  • Options
    That totally justifies eating another one @CaiShov

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • Options
    Sorry, @PeachsMama‌. I agree with @JoeLies it sounds like you offered him a little joy by chatting with him so I
    hope you take comfort in that.

Taking A to the doctor this afternoon for his 9 month check-up.

I'm buried on clinical reviews right now, and I just read one that described a moist vaginal mucosa in great detail. Ew.
  • Options
    @braasche1‌ sorry your lo is still sick.
  • Options
    In other random ramblings, I protect A's bedtime like a priceless work or art. I really wanted to go to San Diego next month for an amateur astronomy party (this is not nearly as dorky as it sounds) but the telescopes won't be up until 7 pm. Nope, not doing it.
  • Options
    TJHineTJHine member
    T's 9 month is tomorrow, and of course today he decides to pull up on one of his toys, lose his balance and fall and bop right under his eye before I could catch him :( I feel like the worst mama. There is definitely a mark.
  • Options
    TJHineTJHine member
    Thanks @JoeLies‌ and @klongoria11‌ he barely even cried, and seemed determined to continue pulling up in the exact same place after so I'm sure he is fine, I just hate when he gets hurt :(
  • Options
    cagoldi said:

In other random ramblings, I protect A's bedtime like a priceless work or art. I really wanted to go to San Diego next month for an amateur astronomy party (this is not nearly as dorky as it sounds) but the telescopes won't be up until 7 pm. Nope, not doing it.

I'm the same way. The rodeo the other night started at 8. My MIL was so upset. I was as happy as a clam. :) Sometimes that early bedtime comes in handy. ;)
  • Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    I posted my dilemma in the group.
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    My husband bought hazelnut coffee. Gross. So now the house smells disgusting in the morning and I don't have any coffee to drink. Fortunately, both babies slept through the night last night, so it wasn't too bad not having it this morning. I don't get to work until noon. Usually I don't like the coffee at the office but at least it's not hazelnut here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I tried to wear my new bra for 2 hours and ended up with swollen lumpy boobs.

back to all nursing bras all the time.. whomp whomp..

@Soozerella It's underwire? That means it doesn't fit right.  I got fitted at Nordstrom before I went back to work at 12 weeks and picked out 3 underwires.  They will convert any bra they sell into a nursing bra (here it's $16; YMMV).  I was shocked at the size I am - smaller band size and way bigger cup size than I would have guessed.  But, they are hands-down the best-fitting bras I've ever owned.  Nary a lumpy boob in sight since I got them.  They were pricy, but worth it.

What voodoo is this?! They convert bras- you just cost me money and I love you!

Ps. @JoeLies‌ always get the milk shake. Your nursing, built in excuse for indulgence!

• Options
    @JodiAnn25 AHS is awesome! But not scary at all. Creepy and disturbing, yes. Hope you like it!
  • Options
    Crap. A has an ear infection that he developed in the last few days despite being on ABX for his bronchitis. Starting Rocephin injections again.
  • Options

Happy birthday @justMaike‌

Thank you :]]

• Options
    cagoldi said:

Crap. A has an ear infection that he developed in the last few days despite being on ABX for his bronchitis. Starting Rocephin injections again.

So sorry A is sick again. I feel your pain. We have our 3rd rocephin shot tomorrow. I hope A is feeling better soon. Other than the ear infection how did the 9 mo appt go?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. @Mommyxtwo1113‌ How is L handling it? I hope C has a much better night.

Other than that he's great. 95th percentile for weight and 97th for height. The pedi said he is very alert, curios and social. She wants us to wait to introduce WCM until he is two.

@CaiShov how was your dad's appointment yesterday?
  • Options
    Kim22Kim22 member
    cagoldi said:

Sorry he is sick again. Is he on meds for reflux? I took DS1 to an ENT when he was 2 for repeat ear infections and he blamed reflux. Once we treated the reflux, the ear infections went away.
  • Options
    @MelloChello what was for dinner?
  • Options
    @cagoldi L is handling the rocephin pretty well. We have a recheck of his ears tomorrow at 11 and will go from there. His little legs are sore though.

Glad to hear A is doing well otherwise. I'm curious about waiting for wcm as well. Do they want you to keep FF ?

DD is much better tonight. Her CBC came back with her white count almost 1/2 of what it was yesterday so the meds must really work quick.
  • Options
    @justMaike‌ Happy Birthday!

@CaiShov that's wonderful about your dad! Weird stuff about the anesthesiologist, you'll have to keep us posted about that.

@Soozerella I think this is his 4th since April, maybe 5th. I'm starting to lose track. We'll see about tubes later, but for now they are draining.

• Options
    We didn't go too much in depth about the WCM thing as she said we will discuss more at his 12 month appointment. She said that since A seems to be doing fine with all foods we have introduced so far we have the green light for everything except WCM and honey. She then went on to say that . she prefers we delay introducing WCM until 2 because it's less likely allergies will develop. MIL, my dad, and DH all have some degree of intolerance, so that plays a role as well.

A is not at risk for anemia and was tested today, but she did say that they do have kids hospitalized for severe anemia once parents give the WCM in place of formula because many kids at the one year mark are not eating the amount and type of foods that will give them enough iron. So while that doesn't seem to be a consideration in our case, it's something she discusses with all parents by the sound of it.

I am just doing preliminary research on it now and not finding much info. We'll see. She hasn't steered us wrong before so I am inclined to follow her direction, but I will still look into it more.
  • Options
    Kim22 said:

cagoldi said:

Sorry he is sick again. Is he on meds for reflux? I took DS1 to an ENT when he was 2 for repeat ear infections and he blamed reflux. Once we treated the reflux, the ear infections went away.
    He does have reflux, but had been doing well to the point that we now only administer Zantac when it's needed. Not twice a day like when he was younger. I also started putting a little aloe in his bottle once a day and that does seem to help the reflux as well.

We'll go back to the doctor next week to confirm the infection is gone. If they don't drain (all previous infections have) then I will ask to see an ENT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"