3rd Trimester
Options

Is it ridiculous to ask the nurses to use my shampoo/body wash for the baby?

edited July 2014 in 3rd Trimester
My ds had a horrible rash and eczema when he came home from the hospital. His face was broken out like a teenagers. I'm thinking it was from the soap they used in the hospital. I'm not sure which brand it was but it was heavily scented.

Is it ridiculous to ask the nurses to use my shampoo/body wash for the baby? 148 votes

Yes
24% 36 votes
No
66% 98 votes
SS
9% 14 votes

Re: Is it ridiculous to ask the nurses to use my shampoo/body wash for the baby?

• Options
    I'd give it to them ahead of time and let them know that skin allergies run in your family. I don't see why they'd care.
    I agree with this, especially since there is a solid, logical reason for your request and you're not a PITA "your hospital soap is not SPECIAL enough for MY baby" kind of mother lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not ridiculous at all. You're providing the alternative, not asking them to track down different products for you. 

This past weekend, my husband and I toured the hospital where we will be delivering. The nurse conducting the tour told the tour group that we are welcome to bring in our own diapers, wipes, soaps, etc. if we have any concerns about the allergies or eco-friendliness of the bulk products they use and provide. She told us to just make the preference know right away, or they would logically assume we would be fine with whatever is provided. It sounded to me like that's actually a pretty common thing for people to do, so I wouldn't stress about it! :) 
  • Options

I'd give it to them ahead of time and let them know that skin allergies run in your family. I don't see why they'd care.

^WSS Also the last time I delivered the nurses encouraged us to be involved in the bath so I'm not sure they'd care about this request. The hospital also used Johnson's baby wash and my dd was very sensitive to it. The soap and lotion lead to extreme eczema, so I think you bring up a good point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing. My DH has eczema which runs in his family and I have allergic skin reactions to fragrances & lavender. So I don't think it's ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"