Breastfeeding
Options

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 07/28

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com).

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

4. What are you most looking forward to eating or drinking again when no longer on the diet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 07/28

• Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? We are both doing well. DD2 tried green beans for the first time last week and although her diapers were good, she slept terrible and was VERY fussy. I'm not sure if it's related to green beans or teething. We'll try them again in a few weeks.

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)? I have been on the diet just over 4.5 months. I'm avoiding dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, beef, wheat, corn and black beans.

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share? We donated 300oz from our freezer stash this weekend to a very sick baby. Most of it was from when I was experimenting with my own diet so since my DD can't have it, I couldn't think of a better way to use it. The other mama was super emotional and it felt great to help her and her baby.

4. What are you most looking forward to eating or drinking again when no longer on the diet? I'm looking forward to a piece of cheesecake, which is weird because I never really ate cheesecake, lol. That and I'll take a Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Ice Coffee with CREAMER! MMMmmm. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

LO has been doing pretty well but ran out of prevacid a week early so she's refusing to eat again today. Im feeling crappy lately. Constant upset stomach and still bleeding 10 weeks pp. Sorry if tmi! I think it might be the combo of a lot of fiber and my period starting. Who knows! I made energy bites this week and credit them with ending my spiraling weight loss. Thanks for the recipe!

>2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

Im almost 1 month dairy free and 2 weeks soy free. Also avoiding peanuts and nuts. I think she had a reaction to almonds.

Should I stop letting my 2 yr old share my food when he's drinking milk or is that too paranoid?

Anybody find a bar that's dairy soy and nut free. I can only find one brand but I have to go to a different further grocery store to get it.

What are you most looking forward to eating or drinking again when no longer on the diet?
    I think ill just be happy to be able to grab something to eat when we're out. It sucks being hungry and watching my son and husband eat! Sometimes I just dont have time to make and pack food for myself but I can't starve the two year old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Doing good. We're going on vacation this weekend, so I'm holding off on the baked dairy challenge until we get back. I'm so hoping that it goes well; I'm such a bread lover that it would be great to be able to eat it again without having to get the dairy-free kind.

8 months dairy and soy free, also avoiding tree nuts and beef. DD had a small piece of beef a few weeks ago and did fine, but when I added it back to my diet last week her diapers changed dramatically. Not sure if it's coincidence, but we're back to avoiding beef just in case.

Nothing this week.

4. What are you most looking forward to eating or drinking again when no longer on the diet?

Pizza! I'm a huge dessert lover, but I've managed to find safe alternatives for most of my favorite desserts. Pizza is the one thing that I have not been able to replace and am so looking forward to eating again.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    amichelle723amichelle723 member
    edited July 2014
    @thatgirlnicki If you're just avoiding almonds, there are peanut-only Larabars. We can't have tree nuts (cashews, pecans, almonds, etc.), so I get the peanut butter cookie Larabars. Otherwise I have been making these since December to replace the daily granola bar I used to eat. It makes about 24, so I make them every 3 weeks or so, and try to make sure I always have some handy to grab when I need something quick. It also has oatmeal and flaxseed, so it's good for your supply.

ETA: I just re-read and saw that you are also avoiding peanuts. Sorry! I'm not sure if there are any other bars that are totally nut free. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    chknmachknma member

doing okay. LO had a few diapers with small flecks in 1-2 this past week. I can't think of anything specific I had eaten, but I was a little lenient with a few spices/sauces that had natural flavor. I'm going to be more careful and see how it goes

overall I'm very pleased with how things are going. 14 weeks of BF as of today. with DD1 I EBF until 11 weeks when her mspi symptoms began and only made it to 13 weeks because I wasn't as knowledgeable and gave in to the formula.

11 weeks, just dairy/soy

nothing this week.

cheese. I've found a good way to work around most other things.

also yogurt and cottage cheese. I've tried some of the alternative yogurts and just am not a fan.

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?  Good.  DD2 has taken to having huge meltdowns when she can't have what her big sister is eating.  It is awful.  It makes me feel so sad for her. 

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?  This time 7 months.  Wheat and eggs....

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?  I tried adding wheat in again today.  Last time DD2 had an instant response...this time so far so good.  It has been 8 hours since I ate it. 

4. What are you most looking forward to eating or drinking again when no longer on the diet?  pizza!

• Options

- Hanging in there.  LO has reflux and despite being on Zantac for a week now, we haven't really seen as much improvement as I was hoping for.  The pediatrician gave us a Rx for Prevacid to start instead, but my hubby and I are hesitant to give it to her.  I just hate the thought of having to give my not-even-10-week-old-baby such medicine!  But hate the thought of her suffering worse.  :(  I am so angry that she has reflux.  She is mostly such a happy and smiley baby and I hate seeing her in pain.

- I've been on the diet for about 4 weeks now.  Avoiding all milk and soy products (including soybean oil & lecithin).

- Pediatrician tested 4 of her diapers last week and all were clean.....hooray!

-CHEESECAKE!  All during my pregnancy I kept saying that I couldn't wait to eat cheesecake once the baby came.... I did have one piece soon after Emily was born and now I must wait some more.  ;)  That cheesecake is going to taste darn good when I have it!  I also am an ice cream junkie and although I haven't tasted the So Delicious coconut ice cream I just bought, I can't wait to dive into REAL ice cream!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"