December 2013 Moms

GTKY driving edition

How old were you when you learned to drive?

Who taught you?

What kind of vehicle?

Any interesting stories to share?

Re: GTKY driving edition

• How old were you when you learned to drive?

Who taught you?

What kind of vehicle?

1 I learned at 15 years.

2 My stepfather taught me.

3 It was a car, mercury sable I believe.

4 My sister let me drive secretly before that, until I ran her car into a field.
  • 1) learned at 15
    2) my dad taught me
    3) I had a '98 mustang that we got cheap
    4) nope
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was 15 when I learned, 17 when I got my license.

My mom taught me.

A mini van ha ha.

9 months after getting my license I got a 600$ speeding ticket and got suspended for 2 months and I still drove anyway.

Who taught you?

DH because my parents didn't think they could teach without yelling at me.

What kind of vehicle?

It was a Mazda 626, so it was small and easy to maneuver.

My mom tried to teach me when I was 15. She didn't want to continue teaching me after I drove onto someone's lawn. Also, DH says he was shitting bricks teaching me. He did good though.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My mom

I learned to drive in her nice, new Camry, but my first car was a beat up '89 Camry.

We had a senior skip day, and I wrecked said Camry on a wet road. We passed my school's truency director on our way to the repair shop. Still didn't get busted!
    imageimageimageimage
  • I learned at 16 then moved away to a college that didn't allow cars. I don't know how to drive any more and have been putting off a used car purchase because I'm TERRIFIED to get back behind the wheel. Its been 15 years :/
  • How old were you when you learned to drive? Permit at 15, license at 16

Who taught you? My parents took turns

What kind of vehicle? 1987 Chevy Cavalier (aka Blue Thunder)

Any interesting stories to share?  I was the first of my friends to get my license so I drove everyone around the summer I was 16.  It was 1993 and no one had cellphones so we spent a lot of time driving around looking for our friends and also looking for payphones to call home because we had to check in.  Oh and you could fill up the gas tank for $10.  I miss those days.....
  • Oh and you could fill up the gas tank for $10.  I miss those days.....
    Yes!  It was a 4 hour drive from college to home.  I'd put $10 in my tank on my way off campus and it would get me all the way home.  Ten dollars gets me to the mall and back now.
    imageimageimageimage

• Oh and you could fill up the gas tank for $10.  I miss those days.....

Yes!  It was a 4 hour drive from college to home.  I'd put $10 in my tank on my way off campus and it would get me all the way home.  Ten dollars gets me to the mall and back now.

I remember my stepdad being upset when I got to fill up the tank for myself for the first time ever and it had just gone over a dollar a gallon.

I was 15 when I started learning I think.

Who taught you?

My dad did most of it because it gave my mom anxiety. lol

What kind of vehicle?

I learned in a minivan.

I failed my first drivers test so my parent's made me take drivers- ed classes and the guy who taught them was such a douche. I hated those classes! Passed the test the second time though.

• How old were you when you learned to drive? 15 for drivers ed through my highschool

Who taught you? The pervy creep of a driver's ed teacher and then my mom

What kind of vehicle? DE was a Chevy Malibu but my first car was a toyota tercell

Any interesting stories to share? As I may have mentioned my DE teacher was a creep and a perv. One lesson I thought the guy sitting behind me while I was driving, a friend of mine, was messing with my necklace. I turned my head to snap at him and saw it was the DE teacher. I FLIPPED my shit got out of the car, marched straight up the office and complained. That was the last lesson I had with him but he didn't get fired. He kept on teaching until well after I graduated and I'm not sure how he managed that. I did make it my business to tell every girl I knew that he was a creep. Looking back now I should have made more of a thing of it and maybe he would have gotten more than a slap on the wrist.

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • How old were you when you learned to drive? 16

Who taught you? Drivers Ed and my parents

What kind of vehicle?  Dad wanted me to have his 1977 Lincoln but luckily my mom thought it was too big.  She let me use her 1988 Mercury Sable.

Any interesting stories to share?  My birthday is in March so most of my friends had their license before me.  I was in no hurry to get mine since everyone could drive.  I didn't end up getting my license until about 6 months after I turned 16.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nrg2020 said:

How old were you when you learned to drive? Permit at 15, license at 16

Any interesting stories to share?  I was the first of my friends to get my license so I drove everyone around the summer I was 16.  It was 1993 and no one had cellphones so we spent a lot of time driving around looking for our friends and also looking for payphones to call home because we had to check in.  Oh and you could fill up the gas tank for $10.  I miss those days.....

In 1993 I was 7..........

Me too. FFTC... I had to count that out on my fingers... twice.

• How old were you when you learned to drive? 16

Who taught you? Boyfriend at the time

What kind of vehicle? Cavalier

Not really :)
    photo d23effce-d468-477e-941f-2e772f3afddb_zpsd1cd4bbb.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How old were you when you learned to drive? My Grammy started taking me out in the country to drive when I was 11. She practically made me get in the drivers seat. So I drove every once in a great while from that point until I had my learner's permit at 15.

Who taught you? My crazy ass Grammy

What kind of vehicle? I think it was an Oldsmobile.

Any interesting stories to share? I once got pulled over from behind a cop. I was going 10 over the speed limit on the interstate and didn't see him under the overpass ahead of me. As I came up on him he turned his lights on and stuck his arm out the window and motioned me to pull over.
  • juliagulia38juliagulia38 member
    edited July 2014
    How old were you when you learned to drive? 17

Who taught you? My mom

What kind of vehicle? In her Pontiac, and then my parents bought me a 97 mustang.

Any interesting stories to share? Not really. Still have never been pulled over.

15- when I got my permit

Who taught you?
    My mom.

What kind of vehicle?
    A 94 dodge shadow

I mistook the brake for the gas once and drove through the garage. My mom made me glue it back together while my sister videotaped it. Jerks. I was so pissed off at the time (mostly because of my sister videotaping) but now when I look back on it, it was pretty funny. My mom got a new garage door the next day, but I guess she wanted to teach me a lesson..
  • jy725jy725 member
    How old were you when you learned to drive?
    I got my lerner's permit at 15 and my license when I turned 16.

Who taught you?
    I went to driving school. I rarely drove the family car until after I had my license.

What kind of vehicle?
    Saturn Sedan. It was a piece of crap! It broke down all the time.

Not really. I do think it is crazy how much responsibility goes along with driving and now 16 seems so young.
  • anakahanakah member
    How old were you when you learned to drive? 17
    Who taught you? driver's ed class in high school
    What kind of vehicle? Honda Accord
    Any interesting stories to share? I took the condensed two week after school course because the normal one wouldn't fit in my schedule.  We were scheduled to do the road portion of  the course on Saturday.  I was last to drive but the guy before me almost got us ran over by pulling in front of an 18 wheeler while practicing highway driving.  The instructor was so shaken she decided to call it a day for us eventhough I didn't get a turn at driving.  The funny part of this story is that my parents wouldn't let me drive with them until after I had road experience with the instructor.  They didn't know I never got a turn.

• Ooh I just thought of another funny driving story. Warning, it gets gross at the end.

I was at my friends house (I had just got my license, it was my first trip out alone) and it was a really hot day. The car didn't have AC so the windows were down. I hit a buzzard! Worst. Day. Of. My. Life.!! If you have never had the fortune of hitting a massive ass bird with windows down at 16 let me tell you... DON'T! It was awful driving home covered in the nasty guts, with them cooking to the outside of the black car.
  • sweett11 said:
    How old were you when you learned to drive? Permit at 15, license at 16

In 1993 I was 7..........
    I was 4...
    I graduated from high school in 1993... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"