Breastfeeding

sanitizing membranes before first use *Today*

I realized today that I haven't switched out my membranes for my medela pump in style in a while and I ran to Babies R Us at lunch to pick up a new box.  Now, there's no tears in my old membranes, but now that I have the new ones, I have it in my head that I need to switch before my next pump (around 3:30).  I just pulled out the package and I see it says to boil for 10 minutes before 1st use.  Do you really think it matters?  Do you think it would be ok if I just rinse and use, or would you take them home and boil tonight (FYI, baby is 8 months old, so not a young infant).

Thoughts?

Thanks

Re: sanitizing membranes before first use *Today*

• Melody330Melody330 member
    edited July 2014
    I would not use anything without sanitizing it unless your parts are damaged, which you said is not the case.

Especially with BRU- I've had multiple incidents with buying open packages from them both online and in store. The latest was with a Little Remedies first aid kit. The medications weren't sealed and had been opened.

imageimage
    Cooper & Melody.     My Rescues <3

• MomtoHMomtoH member
    I personally didn't sanitize anything at that age.  A dunk in some hot soapy water is sufficient in my opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Good - I just washed them off and used them yesterday and sent that milk to day care today...
    Glad most of you agreed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"