Cloth Diapering

hemp or bamboo for ON

usernewnameusernewname member
edited July 2014 in Cloth Diapering
What's the most popular choice? Ds isn't a huge wetter (eta at night) but he's sleeping longer so I'd like something to ensure he doesn't leak.

I don't think my cotton inserts will cut it much longer as he wets through those in a couple hours during the day. He's a huge day time wetter. I have microfiber but I'm kinda meh about using it. I'd rather use those for day time.

Or am I asking a coke or Pepsi question?

Re: hemp or bamboo for ON

• Maybe you should do a poll ...
  • Oooooh that could be fun. I'll do that.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have flats and covers. I bought some alva pockets (without inserts) and I'm now kicking myself that I didn't just get the ones with bamboo inserts for like 50 cents more.

So I was thinking of doing alva pockets with a hemp or bamboo insert (or just use my flats and covers) to keep him drier at night.
  • I have two of each and use them interchangeable without seeing much difference. I use my as a doubler in my pre-folds and covers.

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• At night I wrap a 3 layer applecheeks bamboo around a thirsties hemp inset. So I say both!
  • At night I wrap a 3 layer applecheeks bamboo around a thirsties hemp inset. So I say both!
    You use both at night!? In a pocket?

Would I need 2 if I use a flat and an insert of hemp or bamboo?
  • I don't use a flat at night. the hemp is about 4x12 and the bamboo is about 13x12. I wrap the bamboo around the hemp and stuff my pocket. That is all she needs at night, she has never soaked all the way through it.
  • Oh okay that makes sense then. I found some bamboo ones so hopefully those do the trick :)
  • I use both pretty interchangeably and don't notice a huge difference. Usually a fitted with some flavor of doubler. My hemp doublers do seem trimmer, maybe.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was once told that hemp and bamboo absorb the same.
  • I use one bamboo and one hemp in my BG 4.0s. I don't know why, but doubling up on either has always led to leaks but one of each never has, even when DS sleeps for 12 hours straight. Anyone have an explanation for that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"