February 2015 Moms
Options

Opinions? More to the story.

scgmamascgmama member
edited July 2014 in February 2015 Moms
So I'm browsing baby names and I found a name I'm absolutely in love with, Aubrielle. It would go perfect with the middle name I adore but here's my issue. My BFF has a daughter named Audrey Brielle. If this baby was a girl and I named her Aubrielle that would be a no-no wouldn't it?

I mentioned the name to her to bring up that I'm in love with it and see what she would say and she said how she can totally call her daughter that as a NN.

So basically I have to ditch the name right? :/

ETA: the real issue after confronting my friend-

A few years back when my BFF and I were inseparable while her husband was deployed, she almost left her husband to be with my current SO. Mind you I never knew at the time, she never told me. HE told me about 2 years later after we were already together. She doesn't want me using the name because this is my baby with my SO. Basically a whole 'nother can of worms.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Opinions? More to the story.

• Options
    Nothing says that you can't have a name that is similar to your BFF's daughter.  It isn't something that I would do, but if you like it don't use that reason as your only barrier.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HernsyHernsy member
    It is really close and could be confusing if they're together much. Do you think it would hurt her feelings? Maybe keep looking and switch that to a middle name? She might feel honored that way instead of upset?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. If you love it, keep it! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am still unclear on whether your BFF thought the idea of the 2 kids having similar names was bad. Her response was just weird. Use the name if you like it. 
  • Options
    See I know someone she's not very close to named their daughter Brielle as a first name and she felt like they were stealing her daughters name.

@Hernsy‌ if this baby is a girl they would probably never meet. We live 3 hours away from each other and next year she's moving to the opposite side of the country.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    HernsyHernsy member
    Then I say if you like it, go with it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with @ChickenOnSunday‌, if you like it then use it. They're different names that sound similar. Does this friend know you're pg? I'd be annoyed if I discussed baby names with a friend and they wanted to use the names on my "love it" list for a nickname for their kid. But that's just me.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes she knows I'm pregnant. I mentioned how it was similar to her daughters and she jumped right onto how she could use it as a NN. We've been talking about baby names for a couple days so I didn't really expect that response from her.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ducktale said:

I'd do it. Friends come and go, even BFFs. You may have someone close friend come into your life with a child the same name. I already told a few of my pregnant friends that if they had their babies before me and chose our name, we wouldn't change it. We wouldn't expect them to change theirs for us either. And it's not even the exact same name. Audrey and Aubrielle are not the same (even if the middle name makes it closer) Wait to find the sex to see if it will even be an issue.

Well it's now clear that if it's a girl and I name her Aubrielle we definitely wouldn't be friends anymore. But for another reason. Ughhhhh.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sounds like that was her way of staking her territory. Ignore her if you want to use it.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    Her kid already has a name so it sounds like she's just trying to name block you. A good friend won't care what you name your baby. I think Aubrielle is beautiful and would try to use it if it stood a chance with DH.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the name being close to the middle name, she'll only use that on official forms. Audrey and Aubrielle aren't that similar. I think if they won't spend much time together then go for it.
  • Options
    HernsyHernsy member
    Oh, honey, that is a whole 'nother can of worms! I say do what you want.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Re: your update:

That seems like a sort of awful thing to do to a BFF.  I am not sure I would have the same relationship with her after this information came out.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CatLadyTX said:

Re: your update:

That seems like a sort of awful thing to do to a BFF.  I am not sure I would have the same relationship with her after this information came out.
    It hasn't been the same. She's angry with him for god knows what, because it didn't work out? I don't know she won't tell me but it's a constant struggle of her "trying to be supportive" but obviously disliking the fact that I'm with him. I'm really surprised that that was the real reason. Her and her husband are still together and have their baby. I'm not really sure what to do

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Her issues with this go way further than a name. She might have feelings for your SO which could be problematic later. It sounds like she needs to let it go. That's just my personal opinion and how I would feel in your situation. I may be reading it completely wrong though.
  • Options
    They are different names I don't see how she could use it as a nick name for her daughter. She sounds rude and like @HerHighness‌ said if she is going to unfriend you for something like that she's nit so great of a friend. I think she might have some envy issues.
  • Options
    It sounds like your friend might be a little crazy.  I say, like many others, use the name if you love it!  It's hard to find a name you love, don't give up on it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have to have this kind of stress. Picking a name and being pregnant are hard enough without other people making it difficult.
  • Options
    These are all very trendy names right now so your friend better get used to other kids having similar names. She's being ridiculous. Do what you want.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I think this is the end of our friendship. She said this was a slap in the face and the equivalent if she named her kid after my ex boyfriend who I was very attached to and incredibly upset over our sudden breakup. But we've been split for quite a while now, since the time she was cheating on her husband. I wouldn't be remotely upset if she did that because I'm happy now and have completely let that bit of my past go.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Friends come and go.. If it were a family member I might think about changing it.. I say go for it! As PP said, she doesn't have a copyright on it :)
  • Options
    Yeahhhhh, it sounds like this friendship is on its last legs and may not make it past the baby's birth no matter what you name the kid. So go for the name you like. Aubrielle is beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married August 2009

BFP#1 12/19/13 * EDD 8/24/14 * MMC Discovered 2/04/14

BFP#2 5/27/14 * EDD 2/8/15 * Please be our rainbow

• Options
    "Like I said steph, I can't change your mind so use whatever name you want. You don't have my side because there's no point in telling you. I really don't care anymore, I just would prefer him not to have a child using MY child's names. You asked for honesty but when I give it then you're mad."

Her response to me. I just want to eat a gallon of ice cream.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Everyone's pretty much summed it up! Aubrielle is beautiful :) what is the middle name you've chosen?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would say she's not a true BFF. You trust your SO but how could you ever trust her even over little things? I think you should name your baby what you want.
  • Options
    Your friend sounds like a total nut job. Please take no offense. You should name your kid whatever you want. Nobody has a claim on any name. I would stay far, far away from her.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    HernsyHernsy member

I would say she's not a true BFF. You trust your SO but how could you ever trust her even over little things? I think you should name your baby what you want.

^^^This.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She may not always be your BFF, but that baby is yours FOREVER! Name it what you want!!
  • Options
    I'm seriously going to go buy a tub of ice cream and go to town on it.

I'm going to name this baby what I want and I really do love the name Aubrielle Emmeline. And js, ramzi method predicts a girl and technically from my SO's job he shouldn't be able to produce male sperm.

I'm a bit upset especially since now my SO said he wishes she didn't know so much about this pregnancy and everything so FX she doesn't turn into a twat waffle and tell everyone.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ducktale said:

Yes indeed.... Sigh.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    scgmama said:

See I know someone she's not very close to named their daughter Brielle as a first name and she felt like they were stealing her daughters name.

@Hernsy‌ if this baby is a girl they would probably never meet. We live 3 hours away from each other and next year she's moving to the opposite side of the country.

Well if she's moving to the opposite side of the country, and the kids are never going to meet, then why the hesitation? If you love the name so much, name her that. Your friend and her daughter can get over it. No one has a monopoly on a name and if it were me, and a friend of mine wanted to giver her daughter my name, I would feel honored, not pissy about it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mandamoochiemandamoochie member
    edited July 2014
    Wait.. I was just a bystander cause everyone already said what I was thinking but...wait a second here....

How does your SO's job make him create only sperm with two X chromosomes? :-/

Eta: I apparently am typing like I'm drunk when definitely not.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"