S/O S/O first birthdays

What are you getting your LO as a gift?
Big gift?
Little gift?
Just cake?

#cantheystillbeLOeventhoughtheyrebig ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: S/O S/O first birthdays

• We are doing several presents. We have a small little iphone looking toy. Touch screen works and everything. We also got a Dr Seuss birthday book and we are planning on getting him the couch that folds out. Other than that I doubt we will get him much more since he is only going to be 1.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ordered it this morning.  Now I'm going to struggle with waiting until her birthday before giving it to her.

#isitstilla1stbirthdaypresentifshegetsitinaugust

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got nothin. I'm not too concerned that he'll care.
    imageimage
  • I'm not sure they really understand the concept of a gift yet, but they do love wrapping paper - especially crinkly cellophane, so I might wrap up something small, like a book, with lots of cellophane wrap so they can have a ball with it.

image4months_2radioflyer

• Probably a push bike or wagon and a few other small things. The grandparents will spoil him.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• A lovely deposit to his bank account and a cupcake. My parents already have a stash going for his birthday, so I'm sure there will not be a shortage of things to open.
  • Sit to stand toy and a party. Pretty much everyone in my family (especially FI's parents) go crazy with gift buying. She's the youngest grandchild on her dad's side and the only grandchild on my side. So, she's set without me buying a bunch.
  • deedee1017deedee1017 member
    edited July 2014
    I figure she'll get enough toys from everyone else, so we'll just put some money in her account for her.

I may get her something small and/or practical, but I don't think it'll be over the top.  Ask me again in a coupe of months. I'm thinking way too clearly right now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• AjoydAjoyd member
    convertible car seat. Lame over here!
    That's what my parents are getting him. The LOs don't know any different ;)

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Probably a wagon or a little bike or car. 

• ElleStaxx said:

Still in denial.
    #notjustariverinegypt

That is my dad's favorite little saying. Love it!

And for the record, me too.

DSC_0552-2  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mega blocks (and toy probably, we got the pirate ship set for my cousins 1yr old.

Vtech cell phone, and remote.

A large toy box filled with tissue paper or something because that's the only thing shes gonna want to play with.
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • disney dvds/baby einstein, a few books, a few used toys, etc. I think we are only having one baby so I'm spoiling the shit out of her. Plus I get bored and shop. That will change soon....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Oh! I totally forgot! I'm making DS a quilt for his 1st birthday.
    imageimage
  • kimbo1216 said:
    No gift. They are turning 1. I promise you they dgaf and will get plenty if other gifts. We didn't get DD1 a gift until her third bday. She did not suffer before then.
    Depends on your family situation. I don't think anyone else besides me will buy my DD a birthday gift.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I buy myself a new dress every year for my birthday, and I'm gonna do the same for her. And a small toy.

I love this kind of tradition!!! 
  • Hadn't even thought of it, but I do want to make a growth chart for the wall so I an take birthday pictures in front of it.
  • mancila60 said:
    We are doing several presents. We have a small little iphone looking toy. Touch screen works and everything. We also got a Dr Seuss birthday book and we are planning on getting him the couch that folds out. Other than that I doubt we will get him much more since he is only going to be 1.

Where did you get the phone with a working screen?!?!?!

#Abrimusthave

#itwillsavemyphonefromallthespit

• I have decided I'm getting DS used dog toys. That is all he wants to play with, after all.

#babiesarepartdog
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"