Multiples
Options

Did/Do your cribs match?

SallyAnneSSallyAnneS member
edited July 2014 in Multiples
Thinking about the nursery. I have one crib from ds and am now looking for a second. Just curious if your cribs matched?
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Did/Do your cribs match? 76 votes

Yes, I have two of the exact same crib
68% 52 votes
The colour matched but they were different styles
9% 7 votes
The style was the same but different colours
0% 0 votes
Nope, they were totally different.
17% 13 votes
s.s.
5% 4 votes

Re: Did/Do your cribs match?

• Options
    Two reasons we didn't use DD's crib and bought two new ones: she's not trying to get out, so I'd like to keep her in there as long as possible; didn't want to be going through a tradition with two newborns at home. DD has a nice $600ish crib... The boys got cheap $150 cribs. And they are perfectly fine! :)
  • Options
    zazu13zazu13 member
    Two matching. They are our first and their grandpa bought them as a gift. Love them!!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ours won't match. Ds is out of his crib ao we will use his. But it is no longer manufactured so we will have to buy something different as the second crib. Right now i think it is going to bother me the they don't match. I don't want it to look like a mismatch of different furniture. :(
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    saskysasky member
    They're both white but different. We used the one from DS and bought another one. Doesn't matter to me at all if they don't match.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
    I am buying matching... but these are our first....

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I'm not sure if they will or not. We will use the one we have (my daughter barely used it) and it's a white plain-jane one from Ikea that was $109. I haven't really thought about a second crib yet but I don't think I can beat that price for a new.
  • Options
    Were having triplets but the boys cribs match and the girl has a different crib.
  • Options
    carrotcake06carrotcake06 member
    edited July 2014
    We reused my oldest's crib and bought an additional one. I looked for a matching one, but they didn't sell it anymore. I couldn't even find something comparable in the same light wood, so we went w white for the second one. So they are different colors and have slight differences in style.

I never bought into the expensive convertible crib hype, so all four sides are the same height and they only convert to toddler beds. I kinda like that they don't match now, tbh.

• Options
    We got rid of DS1 crib it was not great. So bought 3 new ones all matching.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If we decide to just get another standard crib they will be mismatched.... but if we decide to sell the standard we have and get two mini cribs they will match.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We kept DS1's crib and had two others that were in great shape given to us. Saved us a bunch of money. Doesn't really bother me that they don't match. If the triplets had come first, I think we would have bought three of the same.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• Options
    Yes, they did. My singleton had a fancy sleigh style crib and I LOVED it. It was gorgeous. She was still in a crib when the twins arrived, so we went on and got simple Kendall cribs from PBK. Also, even if she was in a bed, I couldn't have given one twin some bad ass crib, and one a plain jane one. I know, I'm crazy.
    Almost exactly this, down to the Kendall cribs :).  We just converted DS1's crib to a toddler bed a few months ago, so his lovely 4-in-1 is still in use, and I managed to find two matching PBK Kendall cribs from two different people on Craigslist.  And even if I'd been able to match our existing crib (which was also a Craigslist find), I couldn't have fit two of them in the room - I needed cribs that could be used with the short side against the wall instead of the long side.  

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    Yes, they did. My singleton had a fancy sleigh style crib and I LOVED it. It was gorgeous. She was still in a crib when the twins arrived, so we went on and got simple Kendall cribs from PBK. Also, even if she was in a bed, I couldn't have given one twin some bad ass crib, and one a plain jane one. I know, I'm crazy.
    Almost exactly this, down to the Kendall cribs :).  We just converted DS1's crib to a toddler bed a few months ago, so his lovely 4-in-1 is still in use, and I managed to find two matching PBK Kendall cribs from two different people on Craigslist.  And even if I'd been able to match our existing crib (which was also a Craigslist find), I couldn't have fit two of them in the room - I needed cribs that could be used with the short side against the wall instead of the long side.  
    Pretty much all this. DD's crib is a convertible bed, but she's still in it in a crib, has never tried to climb out so I'm not switching it over until I absolutely have to. And it's huge and was $$$$. 

The twins have ikea cribs. They match and I love them just as much as I love hers. They won't convert to full size beds (but they do convert to toddler beds) but unless we move we'll need bunk beds or something anyways. 

In fact, for $200 less than DD's crib and conversion kits we got 2 cribs, dresser, and bookshelves for the twins' nursery. Thank you ikea. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had three different cribs. I liked the eclectic look. :) Only one was a hand-me-down, so it's not like I couldn't have had matching ones.

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/nursery-tour-2-50723

Wow. that was a long time ago. :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    They did match, yes but they were bought for us as a gift. We didn't really have a ton of say (since they sort of showed up at our house one day) but they were nice and sufficiently held babies in place :P
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were given 2 convert able cribs that are hand me downs. Since we have B/G twins they will eventually have separate rooms. I love that they will have different headboards when they are older.
  • Options
    Two reasons we didn't use DD's crib and bought two new ones: she's not trying to get out, so I'd like to keep her in there as long as possible; didn't want to be going through a tradition with two newborns at home. DD has a nice $600ish crib... The boys got cheap $150 cribs. And they are perfectly fine! :)
    This is me 100%.
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ours match, but like others said, we didn't already have other cribs.  It's totally not necessary - do whatever you want and whatever your budget allows.  You could always decorate two sides of the room different but coordinating, anyway.  Then they can each have their 'own' space.  BTW - We're almost 4 months in, and they've yet to sleep in the nursery I put all that energy into.  ;P
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Options
    SS- dh and I planned on matching cribs (got one as a gift), but the crib we got was unavailable when we decided to order the second. So, it looks like we'll have cribs the same color in a different style 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"