March 2014 Moms

Tell me about your changing station!

Robert's bureau is just a bit too tall to do diaper changes. We have the changing pad on the floor but it's annoying. On the plus side I can put him down and walk away if I need to grab something with no worries.

Curious what your diaper routine/station looks like...

Bonus points for pics.

(Gonna XP this on FB too...)

Re: Tell me about your changing station!

• This is it . Nothing fancy . Top drawer has her diapers , wipes , creams lotions , Etc . I bought the drawer dividers from ikea and put in the top drawer so it's organized for my OCD ! Everything has to have a place ! etc . Her rooms kind of small so we had to do with what we had .

We also have another one downstairs since we spend most time there . It's just her pnp with the changing table on it . We have a sorter with wipes , creams and diapers in it also a diaper genie .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • https://www.target.com/p/stork-craft-aspen-combo-dresser-white/-/A-10283483#prodSlot=_1_19

we have this dresser and a changing pad on top, along with a wicker basket to hold all his diaper stuffs. it works great!! I have it in the espresso color. I love that he can continue to use this plus the matching furniture into his teens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We simply put the changing pad on the twin size bed that is in her room. Her dresser is too tall to put the pad on. It works for us, but as both MH and I are tall, it does where on our backs.
  • Downstairs we use one of those travel changing pads on the floor with diapers, wipes, and diaper rash cream in a box next to it. 
    Upstairs we use her bureau with the contoured changing pad with diapers, wipes, and diaper rash cream in a box next to it. 

• Our pad is on top of his dresser. The top drawer has our diaper stash (we CD) and the other drawers have his clothes. There is a tall cabinet portion of the dresser that holds random things like baby Tylenol, butt paste, extra wipes, etc. The only things on top of the dresser are the pad and a small nursery organizer with wipes and baby lotion.
  • DiMamaDiMama member
    Here is mine I love it! I have a hamper on the left with a lingerie bag attached for socks. A diaper genie on the right. And then a Wubbanub container for hair accessories and extra pacifiers. A toy now that she is squirming more. 

The other picture of what's in my pink basket is pretty self explanatory, other than the pocket knife is for opening diapers and toys! I'll move it when she gets older.

The final picture is just an aw...I love how my nursery looks especially in this picture.

Evelyn - 3/15/14

• We got one of those bureaus that has the changing station on top that you remove later on
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Ours is attached to the crib. It's nice because I can lay her in the crib if I need to walk away for a second. We use the drawers to put all of her cloth diaper stuff.

Also, I really like that she's facing me versus sideways like a lot of the other ones I've seen.
  • Btw, why are all of my pictures sideways?
  • We have the changing pad on the dresser and the dresser is about hip height. We have a little caddy next to the changing pad with wipes, cream, disposables, and the whole tip drawer is filled with cloth diapers.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • @amybug13 Our nursery is gray and pink too, I love it ! AND all my pics are sideways too, not sure why it does that ?

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• lazyreaderlazyreader member
    edited July 2014
    Ours is on shelves (ikea) with the boxes. i use the strap to hold it down. The teal cart holds: diaps, wipes, aquaphor, a toy, extra tid bits... and it wheels around depending on where we want it. it was in the bedroom when she was itty bitty and sleeping with us. and I pull it towards me when I'm in the chair to grab bibs that are on the side. The cubbies hold bath + medicine stuff, swaddle blankets, sheets and pads, hand me downs that are way to big yet... all kinds of stuff.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine is the couch or my bed or the floor. I have a diaper caddy thing but I usually just go and grab a diaper and wipes then change her. Nothing fancy

• Y'all are fancy! Love the set up @lincbeesmom‌ it looks straight out of a catalog haha.

This is what I have resorted to... A quilted blanket for my knees lol
  • Floor, bed, couch, whatever... No changing station but I do have baskets (one downstairs and one up) with wipes, diapers, desitin, etc.
  • tsmith312 said:

@amybug13 Our nursery is gray and pink too, I love it ! AND all my pics are sideways too, not sure why it does that ?

Here's a better collage..

• siuRamsiuRam member
    I just do diaper changes wherever I find space in the house, lol!  Although I always make sure I have some waterproof pads with me in case there's accidents or diaper leaks.  This is a set I recently got from Amazon.

• We also have the changing pad on LO's dresser but we have a hutch above it to hold books and miscellaneous items. However, LO is crazy long and his feet touch the plastic bin that holds the diapers on the right side of the changing pad. I also feel like he is going to hit his head on the hutch sometimes when I pick him up. So, we may be removing the hutch and just keeping the diapers in the drawer!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • amybug13 said:

tsmith312 said:

@amybug13 Our nursery is gray and pink too, I love it ! AND all my pics are sideways too, not sure why it does that ?

It looks so good !! And I need that diaper stacker , did you just take it somewhere to get monogrammed ? Here's a pic of Harpers room it's STILL a work in progress image

• tsmith312 said:

amybug13 said:

tsmith312 said:

It looks so good !! And I need that diaper stacker , did you just take it somewhere to get monogrammed ? Here's a pic of Harpers room it's STILL a work in progress image
    Harper's set is so cute! We're really fortunate. My MIL made EVERYTHING, including the quilt, dust ruffle, diaper stacker, bumper, and rocking chair cushion.
  • This was taken before Sage was born. The stuff on top to the right is hand-sanitizer, diaper cream, and diaper pail refill bags. Top drawer has diapers, wipes, more sanitizer and creams, lotion, socks and stockings, her grooming kit. Second drawer has receiving blankets and her current size onesies. Third drawer has her current size pants and shorts and the next size onesies. The closet to the left has the rest of her ridiculous amount of clothes. We've recently taken off the changing pad due it being too high now that Sage likes to try to roll over when we change her. On the wall I added a hanger with strips of ribbon that hold all her hair clips.
    1.JPG 2.1M
  • Throwing this in too because I love it all!
  • Cute ! @HKline922‌ Sage is my sisters name !

• What's up with the banned user (Siuram) on this thread...? Random...
  • edited July 2014

@Somerslsles I wondered that too, but if you look at the post history she was constantly plugging waterproof pads or items on Amazon any place she could. So I guess that she was removed due to spam. That was my take on it at least!

Edit: spelling is hard!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • AW: here's ours. It's a bespoke solid oak chest of drawers with a removable changing unit on the top. We got our furniture made by a local carpenter. His work is incredible! Although I love LO sleeping in our room, I can't wait to have her in her lovely oak cotbed! The wardrobe and chest of drawers are both huge so should be good to last her right through.

Excuse the piles by her nappy bin - in the middle of bagging up small clothes....
  • Upstairs they get changed on our bed but this is our set up downstairs. An ikea change table next to the PNP. Cloth diapers and covers on the middle shelf, disposables (used at night) on the bottom. Wipes and butt cream on the top tucked along the sides of the change pad. Once they're moved into their room the change pad is on the dresser.
  • Thank you! It's a great name :-)

• MA&CBMA&CB member
    His room is upstairs so I pretty much never change him up there.  I ended up just putting the changing pad at the end of the chaise part of our couch.  It looks a little weird probably, but it makes changes easy and keeps the couch clean.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours is on top of her dresser. Contoured pad, lotions, butt cream, squirt bottle, and usually nail clippers are on top. Top two drawers have diapers/covers/prefolds (we cd), cloth and disposable wipes, and wet bags. Other four drawers have onesies, pants, socks, sleepers, shirts, and sweaters.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"