September 2014 Moms

Almost had a baby update

ashaw512 ashaw512 member
edited July 2014 in September 2014 Moms
Last night I was told to go in to L&D for elevated heart rate and some contractions 4 min apart. In L&D baby boys heart rate would drop every time I had a contraction. At around 10:45 they checked my cervix and was 85% effaced and dilated to 4. So they gave me magnesium and steroids and prepped me for a c-section. Almost immediately after getting my spinal the contractions stopped and within a few minutes my cervix tried to close, is currently at 2. So baby boy decided not to make an appearance and my dr doesn't want to take him yet. My epi was removed AndI'm in the hospital hooked up to monitors and wires until Friday.

As much as I want to see my baby boy I want to wait a few weeks! They guessed his weight on US to be 5 lbs 11oz, at 33 weeks. He's huge no wonder he doesn't want to stay in there! There's no room!

**UPDATE**
Dr came in this morning and did a cervical check I'm still about 85% effaced and dialated 2. My vitals were also checked and there were no increases in my heart rate or blood pressure. I did have a few contractions last night but they wouldn't have caused any dilating. So if I get through tonight with no increase in bp or heart rate and little to no contractions that don't cause dilating then I can go home tomorrow morning! And go in for a check up tomorrow afternoon, and back to L&D tomorrow night for a check up, if all is good then I can continue with my regular appointments which will be once a week starting next week. Thanks ladies for all the T&P!

Re: Almost had a baby update

• Glad he decided to stay put! I hope the rest of your hospital stay is pretty uneventful. Good time to get some reading done if you have books you have been meaning to read!
  • Happy he's still cooking!! Stay in there baby boy, just a few more weeks!!
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Loading the player...
  • Stay in, baby hamie!! Lots of love to you @ambershaw512‌ - hope the next few weeks are smooth sailing.

imageimage

• I'm glad he decided to stay in a little longer!! I hope you can relax and get some rest today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad he decided to stay put a while longer!! Hopefully the rest of your stay is uneventful! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• What an eventful night! I'm glad baby boy changed his mind :)

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Man these September LOs need to stay put! Hugs to you and here's to hoping everything goes smoothly and baby hangs out inside a bit longer!
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Glad he decided to stay put awhile longer! 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh my! I'm glad he changed his mind and is staying put for now! Hang in there!
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• So happy he didn't make his appearance last night!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Oh man! Glad he decided to stay in and cook a bit longer. Sending T&P's that your hospital stay is quick and uneventful.

• Glad he decided to wait!  Hang in there, mama!

• kmbk27kmbk27 member
    T&Ps - stay put baby!

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Glad he decided to stay in awhile longer!  Good luck!
  • Rest and keep cooking!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

• So glad he's staying put for now!  Our little guy is huge too, and my doctor had to put me on bedrest yesterday and today for contractions, but they seem to have died off yesterday evening and stayed away!
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • I'm glad he decided to stay in. Hope Friday comes quick for you and you have an uneventful last few weeks.
  • LTMamaLTMama member
    Goodness, hang in there baby and mama!

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad to hear he's going to stay in there a bit longer! Hope your week in the hospital flies by for you, and remains uneventful!

• Holy preterm labor September babies-hope he stays put for a while longer!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Hoping he stays it longer!!! Positive thoughts being sent your way!
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Glad that he decided to wait.  Try and get some good rest in the hospital.  
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • Oh my goodness. Baby stay put!

• Oh my...here's hoping he doesn't try that stunt again! Fx for an uneventful next few weeks
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I'll be thinking about you. Stay put baby! No need to rush!

• Last night I was told to go in to L&D for elevated heart rate and some contractions 4 min apart. In L&D baby boys heart rate would drop every time I had a contraction. At around 10:45 they checked my cervix and was 85% effaced and dilated to 4. So they gave me magnesium and steroids and prepped me for a c-section. Almost immediately after getting my spinal the contractions stopped and within a few minutes my cervix tried to close, is currently at 2. So baby boy decided not to make an appearance and my dr doesn't want to take him yet. My epi was removed AndI'm in the hospital hooked up to monitors and wires until Friday.

As much as I want to see my baby boy I want to wait a few weeks! They guessed his weight on US to be 5 lbs 11oz, at 33 weeks. He's huge no wonder he doesn't want to stay in there! There's no room!

Oh no! Hold him in a little longer?

Can I ask what your reaction to the magnesium was like? I've read it's awful to get lots of side affects.

I have preeclampsia and was in L&D Friday to Saturday for 24 hrs cause of extremely high blood pressure. Got steroid shots from baby's lungs. But I'm only 31 weeks. And OB was talking about magnesium but didn't want to start it quite yet ... I'm terrified of it from what I've read.
  • I'm glad things turned around for you, and baby boy has a bit more time on the inside. Keep us posted!
  • Glad things calmed down.  Stay in there little guy!
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Keep him cooking a TINY bit longer. Sorry for your extended hospital stay. I hope you take it easy in there and don't make things worse by stressing out
  • jg1011jg1011 member
    So glad he decided to stay where he is and that doctors were willing to wait!

Rest up and try to relax!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Woah I hope he stays in a bit longer. It seems like it was an eventful night last night for you and several others. T&Ps and keep off those feet!
  • What a crazy night! Thinking of you and your LO. Hope he stays put just a little longer!
  • Glad labor stopped. FX baby stays put a little longer and the rest of your hospital stay is uneventful.
  • Wow, what an insane morning for this group. So glad He decided to stay a while longer. T&P that he stays put.
  • Wow! Glad he's being stubborn and wanting to stay in for awhile yet! Good luck...T&P to you!
  • So glad baby boy decided to stay put!

• What a scare! I'm happy he changed his mind! I hope the rest of your hospital stay is uneventful. 
  • Hope he stays put!! Good luck!

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Glad he decided to stay put a little longer! T&Ps to you & LO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh my goodness! So glad that he decided to stay put!
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"