October 2013 Moms

Is this how the world ends?

warning: this is about flies.

I'm so grossed out ATM. Seriously...W.T.F. My FI forgot to take the trash out last week and I cleaned the fridge out the night before trash day. We keep the trash in the garage, and didn't even think go move it outside. So I go in the garage on Thursday and ho-lee shit there are a TON of flies. I freak out and we bleach the entire garage on Saturday and buy new trash bins with lids. Sunday everything was cool. I went down to the garage just now and THEY'RE BACK!!! There is no trash in the garage and it's clean enough to eat off of the floor in there.

WHAT DO I DO!!?? All I keep thinking is that they're going to get in my house and make babies...I'm honestly going to have a conniption fit. I can't even google fly gifs.

Re: Is this how the world ends?

• Do you have a cat? Our brought home a present the other day, hide the present under the deck and then we had loads of flies in the house for days. If they are blow flies (blue/green back) I think they just go away...

So gross in the meantime though! Sorry :-/
  • Do you have a cat? Our brought home a present the other day, hide the present under the deck and then we had loads of flies in the house for days. If they are blow flies (blue/green back) I think they just go away...

So gross in the meantime though! Sorry :-/

I don't have a cat! and i feel like blow flies are extra gross. #killmenow :((

@ElleStaxx‌ I'm sending him to the store right now..i want those fuckers dead haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Dont even get me started!!! Our house stays really cool from ceiling fans and a double screened back door to the deck, so no downstairs AC.  DHs friends great dane walked through the screen door and the screen still isn't on right so flying ants were getting in.  There was so many and they kept land on me.  LIKE WTF!! by the time the 7th one landed on me I had a complete melt down and ran to our bedroom.  I feel things crawling on me just thinking about it.  Good luck on your killing spree.

image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• You should just move.

Seriously though that sounds awful. We had an ant infestation at our old rental house. No idea where they came from or why. We actually did move... Haha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Once in Florida I accidentally left my bedroom door to the outside cracked with the light on for multiple hours. I went to go to bed and there were LITrally hundreds of flying bugs circling the light in my room.

I just shut the door and left them for a day and they all died. Then I just had to clean dead bugs off every surface in the room.

You could get those fly tape/ribbon deals to hang in the garage to get the stragglers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ahhhhh maggots. that's what I'm terrified of!!!! fuck them in particular.

RAID did the trick, but going to leave some vinegar out just for good measure. Thanks jennlin. Vinegar, why didn't I think of that?
  • carawasa said:
    ahhhhh maggots. that's what I'm terrified of!!!! fuck them in particular. RAID did the trick, but going to leave some vinegar out just for good measure. Thanks jennlin. Vinegar, why didn't I think of that?
    make sure it's apple cider vinegar, not plain vinegar. they like the smell of the "fruit".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"