D.C. Area Babies

OB/GYN rec at Inova Fairfax Hospital

Hi Ladies,

Just found out that I'm pregnant via an out-of-town trip to the ER after Christmas for severe cramping that I thought was associated with an ovarian cyst that I had over a year ago.  My HCG levels were kinda low (in the 300s) but I also can't be more than 4 weeks pregnant.  The idea of a possible ectopic or abnormal pregnancy has not yet been ruled out.  I'm looking for a good OB/GYN at Inova Fairfax Hospital or anywhere in that general area.  I'd also consider anywhere from Falls Church west to Reston.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: OB/GYN rec at Inova Fairfax Hospital

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! 

I go to Dr. Karen Maser in Fairfax, and she delivers at Inova Fairfax.  I've been going to her for about six years for regular gynocological visits, and I have continued to see her how that I'm pregnant.  She's in a small practice with one other doctor, whom I also like.  They share on-call for deliveries with two other small practices in the area.

www.drmaser.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I see Dr. Homer Knudson in Falls Church/Vienna.  He's in solo practice, is really nice and has hospital privileges at INOVA Fairfax.  He was my gynecologist before I got pregnant.  I like him, he's balanced, laid back and easy to talk to.  He rarely has a wait.  In his 30+ years of private practice, he's only missed delivering 15 babies.

• Loading the player...
  • I go to Dr. Muasher... the practice consists of all women (Dr. Anderson, Maanavi, Davis, Muasher & Yoon). I've gone to Dr. Muasher for several years now (long before I was pregnant). When I was pregnant, I had a visit with each doctor and I liked them ALL.

I was sent to triage at Fairfax once for stomach pains that wouldn't go away... they called the doctor on-duty (they always have a doctor from their practice on hospital duty) and let her know I was coming in, and she was prepared to see me and was expecting me when I arrived.

I also had a couple of unexpected visits for ankle swelling and a car accident I was in. On both occasions, my file was out and ready for my arrival.

They also let you stop by if you're freaking out and need to hear the baby's heartbeat. They also have 2 nurses on staff that you can call anytime during office hours for medical questions.

I can not rave enough about this practice... and INOVA Fairfax is a top-notch facility... #4 in number of deliveries per day in the US. They have their own anesthesiologists in the delivery ward (which I hear is a big deal if you're waiting for an epidural).

Congratulations and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

• I go to the same practice as femme (pp).  I had been seeing Dr. Yoon for my annual exams, but then you see all the doctors on rotation during your pg.  They are all so caring and remember you and things you talk about from previous visits!  I highly recommend them!

BTW--I wish you the best and hope this is a very H&H pg for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Here's a third rec for Andersen, Maanavi, Muasher, Yoon...they are all WONDERFUL.  You really can't go wrong with this practice. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i go to dr. forrest in ffx off main st.  he is great.  dr allen is also great.  i couldnt say enough great things about them.
  • Thanks for the info, ladies, especially for Dr. Muasher's practice.  I think I'm going to see if my primary will give me a referral for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"