Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Reflux

How did you know your little one had reflux?

My 2 week old has been very fussy lately. She use to be a very laid back baby and barely cried. Now she has become very fussy, will spit up when being burped (not at every feeding), sometimes she will fuss during her feeding. I took her to the Ped about the spitting up and she said to just burp her more in between bottles, give gas drops and she thought we were maybe over feeding her a little. We have tried all of these but she doesn't seem content.

Re: Reflux

• SGC29SGC29 member
    That all sounds pretty normal to me. Not really like reflux.

My son had reflux and it was noticeable right away. He screamed (not cried) non stop day and night and it was always worse after a feeding. He would literally scream until his voice was just about gone. After each feeding (he was breastfed) he would spit up enough to soak himself , me, and anything in close proximity. It was pretty much projectile. Nothing soothed him. We tried elevating his head while he slept, letting him sleep in a swing, holding him while he slept, anything and everything. Nothing worked and by 3 weeks old he was pretty much inconsolable for the majority of his awake time. Finally he started reflux meds per his pedi and was a completely different baby after that. 
  • My DD has always been a bit of a fussy baby. She doesn't have any of the classic signs of reflux, but I thought maybe silent reflux. Pedi said silent reflux is difficult to diagnose, but we could try Zantac. I gave it to her for a few days and the only change I noticed was watery poops.

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat. DD is 10 weeks and I'm noticing she's getting a bit calmer as she gets older. I'm also learning her cries better. Also just figured to turn on my hairdryer and let it run a bit when she's inconsolable. I can usually get her to nurse or sleep after.
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds normal to me. Babies become fussier as they get older, it peaks and then goes back down (according to my dr it goes down significantly at 3 months). 

DS has reflux and he spits up A LOT. It is usually within the first 20-30 minutes after a feeding. He also wheezes (which is a symptom of reflux) and coughs sometimes when being placed on his back. We have to keep him elevated so that he isn't flat to help with the reflux. 

It doesn't sound like your LO has reflux, it sounds like they are going through typical newborn fussiness. 

image    image    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"