October 2013 Moms

Randoms??

I just found out via Instagram that my BIL is engaged. I think it's really weird to put that stuff online before you even tell your close family. DH isn't on Instagram, so maybe he'll tell DH before DH sees it online.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Randoms??

• Loading the player...
  • I was planning to go to the library's story time today (that is only on Mondays) and I forgot so I don't have the car.  I HATE HAVING 1 CAR!!! but let me be real - I forgot, my fault.  I'm so pissed.  So so so so pissed.  I'm putting a lot of pressure on socializing CJ because I feel like it needs to happen more frequently and consistently.  He loves other babies/kids/people and I am so mad at myself right now.  I feel like I'm doing him  a disservice.  

• KerCo51 said:
    DD has been saying dadada forever, but is starting to use it with meaning.  I keep saying to her "say mamama" and she replies "dadada".  I am only a little jealous.

Truth be told, LO said dada with meaning before he said mama.  I ignored it and threw a fit anytime someone said that he was saying dada. I stay at home with him everyday so I just knew mama would be his first real word.  DH works 6 days gone and 3 home so I figured that although he loves and knows his dad, he wouldn't say dada until later. 

• I just realized that DS1's biological father's new pregnant girlfriend is only 8 years older than DS1.  I guess it doesn't matter considering that DS1 has no real relationship with his father but still, 8 years??

• has615 said:

carawasa said:

I decided I really want to go back to school to get my masters in interior design or some sort of event planning. But I was looking up programs at different schools last night and I was so discouraged because I'll probably have to take a ton of undergrad classes.

It would probably more beneficial to skip getting your masters in interior design and instead just applying for an entry level position.  After going to school for my degree I look at things differently (ahem fuck you Sallie Mae) and think that you can learn plenty from saving the money on a degree and getting real world experience.  I know a lot of people with degrees in event planning from JWU and we talk about how we should have just gotten jobs in our fields and skipped the loans.

I was thinking about this today actually. And I kind of have a small amount of experience in event planning because I help my dad with all the weddings he gets.. I looked at jwu and they don't have a graduate program. Thanks for the tip!!!! You're probably 100% right :)
  • Anyone ever worked with a recruitment agency? I've been scouted for a position that looks to be a very positive change. I've had an initial conversation with the recruiter and submitted my resume and references. Now what? Do they let me know if they decide to present me to the hiring manager?
  • carawasa said:
    I decided I really want to go back to school to get my masters in interior design or some sort of event planning. But I was looking up programs at different schools last night and I was so discouraged because I'll probably have to take a ton of undergrad classes.
    I have my undergrad in Interior Design and a lot of schools will have a 3 year program with the 1st year being a condensed program to fit in all the basics. At least that's how UF did it.  ID and event planning are very different. Good luck! 

Very excited that we finally got new living room furniture this weekend! We've only been in our house for 4 years but I feel it's finally starting to come together. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My random is a bit of a downer. Warning you might get exhausted just reading it.

If I don't find more time to sleep I really think I might develop narcolepsy. This last 2 weeks I've been working 17+ hours a day 5 days a week. Working 1st/3rd splits is the hardest thing I've ever done. At least with all the surrounding circumstances it is. That leaves me a grand total of 7 hours a day to either sleep or play with Thomas and it's seriously giving me the sads.

On top of that I have to pack and move my entire house by myself with Thomas in tow. (My MIL is more than willing to watch him but then I won't see him at all.) I have to be out by the 31st. I have almost all the little stuff boxed and moved to a storage until but the furniture goes today and after working 1st and having to go back in at 9pm makes me wanna curl up and fall into a death like sleep for the next week.

My bf is out of town for work for the last two weeks and the next three and it's everything I am trying not to be irrationally mad at him for it. It's not his fault but, that doesn't help the fact I still have to do all this alone. At least I have help today with the furniture. My dad and my friend are driving for an hour away to help me move.

I'm am so extremely grateful for all the help I've been getting but if this could please be over now that would be amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It rained last night. I stepped outside to check the mail and the smell of the wet pavement drying in the hot sun triggered a migraine as soon as I opened the door. And now LO is screaming. Today is fun.
  • Jude walked 7 steps by himself while we were in California. I knew he was gonna walk while I was gone. I knew it. :((

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• I received one of those Oriental Trading Birthday magazines and they have a dolphin themed party! "Take your party under the sea with fun everyone will flipper for!" Thanks, but nope. 
    Shopping for 1st birthday items now.

• Thanks @baconface‌. I mean, I've seen him take a few steps here and there but SEVEN?! Come on Jude!

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Anyone ever worked with a recruitment agency? I've been scouted for a position that looks to be a very positive change. I've had an initial conversation with the recruiter and submitted my resume and references. Now what? Do they let me know if they decide to present me to the hiring manager?

@Ballstategrad You will be contacted by the recruiter if the hiring company is interested and wants to set up and interview.  Everything will go through the recruiter - interviews, offer (if you get it), salary/vacation negotiations if any, and your acceptance of the offer.  Once the offer is accepted you start working directly with the hiring company about start date.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Halloween candy is out.  That is all.
    That was my reaction before buying some ghost shaped peeps.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just watched the bubble guppies circus episode. Bubble puppy got "stuck" on the high wire. But he lives in the water...he could just swim down...

@bkeane619‌

That mother fucking bubble puppy.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • I think I finally found a theme and the invites I will use!!!

What luck! I'm free January 4 and live close to Dallas!
    imageimage
  • I think I finally found a theme and the invites I will use!!!

What luck! I'm free January 4 and live close to Dallas!
    @PinkDahLia44‌ This is actually for you! I wanted it to be a surprise party for G so I am throwing it 3 months and 3 days after his actual birthday!

Cool, I'll be there. Just FYI, they misspelled "Connorsmama" in the RSVP line...you're welcome ;)
    imageimage
  • The venue is reserved & the bounce house is booked for Joey's 1st birthday!! I can't believe I'm already making plans for my baby's first birthday. Now it's time to start #buyingallthethings!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • bionicbbionicb member
    edited July 2014
    I just about bitch slapped a customer. If you ask someone for directions wouldnt it make sense that you shut your damn mouth and listen to said directions?! Also, your child should bin a booster seat,however i would be happy if your child were SITTING and not standing/jumping around the back seat. At least some sort of belt is needed. Wtaf?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg

@Ballstategrad You will be contacted by the recruiter if the hiring company is interested and wants to set up and interview.  Everything will go through the recruiter - interviews, offer (if you get it), salary/vacation negotiations if any, and your acceptance of the offer.  Once the offer is accepted you start working directly with the hiring company about start date.

Thank you @shelley1002‌ !
  • I started reading The Hobbit to Carmen today. Got to chapter 4 before it dawned on me that I was using my dad's old copy and it might be worth something. A quick google search and I found it for $250. A more in depth search and I realized it was newer than it looked and not really worth anything, but I was about to freak out since I was really getting into it and didn't want to put it down! I do have the ebook on my tablet, but Carmen is getting too interested in the tablet and I want her to see me reading from real books.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"