March 2014 Moms

Making baby food

We aren't starting baby food for 6-8 weeks, but I would like to be prepared.

Are any of you making your LO's baby food? If so, what are you using to purée it?

We looked in to the baby bullet, but I was thinking about getting a regular bullet or the nutribullet.

Re: Making baby food

• with DS1 I just used a blender, worked fine. Now we have a cuisinart food processor and I used that.

personally I wouldn't purchase an appliance just for making baby food b/c you will only get so much use out of it. If you think you will use one of the bullet products on a regular basis it would make sense to get one, but if not save your $$ and just use  blender or food processor that you already own (if you own one)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• with DS1 I just used a blender, worked fine. Now we have a cuisinart food processor and I used that.

personally I wouldn't purchase an appliance just for making baby food b/c you will only get so much use out of it. If you think you will use one of the bullet products on a regular basis it would make sense to get one, but if not save your $$ and just use  blender or food processor that you already own (if you own one)
    Exactly this. I have been using our rice cooker/ vegetable steamer and throw it in the blender or the cuisinart hand masher thingy. Once the food is steamed it puree's easily.

• Loading the player...
  • we have a ninja. it's awesome. then i just smush it through a sieve (for the first round of trying foods. once she's experienced I'll skip this)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a mini chopper I think the name is actually a euro chopper. It's 11 years old I got it when ds1 was born and made his baby food in it. Best $10 I ever spent at Walmart!
  • We just made our first puree last night (sweet potato) using the Baby Bullet someone got me for my shower. I still need to do some more experimentation with it. Last night I was a bit disappointed because it didn't seem to be blending well and then was leaking out the bottom, but then I realized that DH didn't put the blade in all the way when he was helping me put it together. I definitely like the little storage containers that come with it though. We have a regular blender so if the Bullet ends up being so-so I can always just use that but keep using the containers :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"