December 2013 Moms

How many times per night does your baby wake up?

74dragonfly74dragonfly member
edited July 2014 in December 2013 Moms
I mean full on wake up, not the normal stirring everybody does. Wake up and need your help is what Im after.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

How many times per night does your baby wake up? 231 votes

Zero
27% 64 votes
Once
19% 45 votes
Twice
15% 35 votes
Three times
7% 17 votes
Four or more
8% 19 votes
It varies a lot, ex. sometimes once, sometimes 3 times
18% 43 votes
SS
3% 8 votes

Re: How many times per night does your baby wake up?

• Already we have a zero? damn. Im jelly. 

• Loading the player...
  • serendserend member
    SS: It used to be 0-1, but lately it's been 3-5 :(
  • Lately it's been 4, including one before I go to bed. But last night was only 3.
  • We still nurse at night and usually wakes up at least 3-4 times, but I know when he's stirring and don't let him wake all the way up.
  • 7 people with zero.....
  • Anyone else notice a regression with crawling? Kahlan is on the verge of crawling and she is kind of regressing (obviously).
  • DD is finally waking only 1-2x most nights. Bed at 8, wake at 12, wake at 4 then up for the day at 7.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh this sucks...we did sleep training and it didn't work. She used to be up 2-3 times a night, it has gotten worse since she really started eating solids (now it is 5-6 times).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used to be 1 for a long time, then we had about 1-2 weeks of zero. Now we're back to 2-4 times per night. Twice H has had what I'm convinced is night terrors, which is terrifying for mama and daddy. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine is usually once. She doesn't wake to eat though, it's just plain waking up, for who knows what reason, always around the same time though. I guess once doesn't sound like a lot when I read what some other ladies here are dealing with (all my sorries!) but it can be excruciating because sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to get her back down. :(
  • I really, like REALLY miss the old days when she STTN. She did that til she was 6 months.
  • My kid still STTN since he was11w old. But that doesn't mean that I do.
  • anywhere between 1 and 3. Totally varies, which sucks because I can't rely on it at all
  • Unless she is teething or sick, she normally sleeps through the night. All bets are off when she doesn't feel well though, and then she ends up in bed nursing all night long.
  • My baby wakes up 3-5 times and wants to use my tit as a pacifier. Last night it was only once though. She'll be on the tit until she starts school bc idk how I'm going to wean her.
  • My baby wakes up 3-5 times and wants to use my tit as a pacifier. Last night it was only once though. She'll be on the tit until she starts school bc idk how I'm going to wean her.

Will she not take a paci?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He usually wakes up about twice a night, usually just for help with the paci.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dec '13 June Siggy - Awkward Swimsuit Photo

• She wakes up once, sometimes twice a night to eat. Usually it's at 3am.
  • It used to be just once or none, but lately he's been waking up a ton. Last night he was literally awake every 20 minutes. It's been so rough, but he's been sick so I'm really hoping it gets better...I'm feeling so old right now.

• SS - usually zero but about 2x a week it's once

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Too many.

The end.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Nrg2020 said:

@pammcmanus I'm not up 3-5 times but once she wakes at 3 or 4 am she's then in bed with me and I'm her pacifier until 6 am. I call it nipple jail. Sometimes I can unlatch her and she will stay peacefully asleep, and other times she searches for me with her eyes closed, bobbing her head around then cries. 

LOL this is how DS is in our MOTN feedings. DH calls him a blind mouse because of the way he is mostly asleep but searching for the boob.

We usually get up twice in the middle of the night and he is up for the day at 6 am. That sucks.
  • We still BF and he wakes up anywhere from 1-3 times, but since we co-sleep he never fully wakes up because I'm right there to feed him back to sleep.
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • swirl25swirl25 member
    edited July 2014
    Picked SS - we were down to 1, but now she is trying to figure out crawling and she has been waking up multiple times for the past week or so trying to "practice". Last night she was up at 12-something, 1-something, and 5:30ish. Each time I go in and she's rocking on all fours in the crib. She then gives me this big gummy grin as if to say, "Oh, well since you're here, I may as well eat..." #-o
  • Usually zero minus an occasional baby nightmare, but if we did a poll asking how many day time naps does LO take and for how long, I would have to choose the "what are naps?" option.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope, she refuses a paci, she actually throws them now.
  • Lol I almost voted zero just to be an asshole. I can see I'm not the only one with that idea

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• bty19bty19 member
    So many zeros !!!

• Usually we're up every 2-3 hours. I try to pacifier and if that doesn't work, she gets the boob. She starts out in the pnp and then after the first wake up, we co sleep so at least we both get back to sleep pretty quick but she has to sleep through the night at some point, right?

• On good nights, LO only gets up once or twice and only needs his pacifier to go back to sleep. At most I have gotten a week of good nights. Typically, LO gets up 3-4 timesa night. On those ninights he usually ends up in bed with DH and I at some point. Last night I let LO cry some before bed, because he was tired, but fighting going to sleep. He only woke up once. He took his pacifier and went right back to sleep.
    imageimageimageimage
  • For the past 2 weeks she's been waking up every 2 hours. From 11-10. I try rocking her back to sleep each time, but it doesn't work. She wants the boob EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • I love titted all the ones I agree with and feel a million times better that many of you are in the same boat as me...I think my DD has slept through the night once...just once. We are usually up between 2-5 times a night. It fucking sucks. She doesn't take a bottle or a paci, she will cry until I get in there and will pass back out then is up every.single.day at 6am...even if I just nursed her at 5am, no extra sleep.

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • SS - usually zero but about 2x a week it's once

Same. I voted zero though.

Pregnancy Ticker

• amber0389 said:

I love titted all the ones I agree with and feel a million times better that many of you are in the same boat as me...I think my DD has slept through the night once...just once. We are usually up between 2-5 times a night. It fucking sucks. She doesn't take a bottle or a paci, she will cry until I get in there and will pass back out then is up every.single.day at 6am...even if I just nursed her at 5am, no extra sleep.

Have you tried a lovey?  LO doesn't take a paci either, but she had this blanket that she just loved.  Anyways I got the same material and had it sewn in a small square (like 10"x10").  I put that in the crib with her for naps/bed and I swear it has made all the difference. 

I haven't, but now I'm thinking it could be a good idea since a lot of pp are saying it works. Maybe I'll try it today...it's worth a shot!

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • ColeRose said:
     Also fuck all of you zero people.

But really, I also have a kid who doesn't like to roll over or try to move around and has no teeth.  So my time is coming...

• Like many others we were STTN, but with continuous teething, a couple ear infections, and croup we are no longer. It really varies how much he wakes up, but it usually a minimum of twice and sometimes what feels like a million. Can I just say how much I hate teething!

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• I voted 1. He goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up to eat at 4am.

Ds1 sstn early, but his bedtime was later. Ds2 is a mess if he stays up much later.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"