December 2013 Moms

Spam, bam, thank you ma'am.

Re: Spam, bam, thank you ma'am.

• One of my friends is babysitting LO when I go to my summer grade level planning meeting on Wed. I am irrationally worried that she is going to think I'm a slob when she gets to my apartment so I am obsessively cleaning up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @ameegee‌ I can see my kid doing that. She climbs on everything.

Good luck on your 5k.
  • sweett11 said:
    She learned how to open cabinets. I foresee rearranging in my future.
    Same here. We're opening drawers over here and I can already see some smashed little fingers if I don't do some rearranging soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    ErinO21 said:

sweett11 said:

Same here. We're opening drawers over here and I can already see some smashed little fingers if I don't do some rearranging soon.

----------------------------------------------
    Us too. I tried to constrain DS to his play mat with the baby gate all around it. That did not fly. He was so upset that we finally decided to baby proof and let him explore. Too bad I still have to walk over him and move stuff, pick up stuff, etc.

ETA: fix quote
  • MOTY here. I didn't vacuum yesterday and LO picked something (no clue what but I think it was tomato stem) out of the carpet and ate the whole thing.
  • Also DH asked me like 10 times this weekend if I am KU. I kept telling him even if I was pregnant, I couldn't really be pregnant yet so I couldn't say.
  • RockiesNuggetRockiesNugget member
    edited July 2014

LO can roll but if is in a sitting position hates putting himself in a laying position, so he stays where you put him. Well yesterday after he woke up I sat him with some toys in the living room and ran back to the bedroom to grab something. I could here him clapping his blocks together and all of a sudden it went really quiet. I go check on him and he has the dog's chew toy IN HIS MOUTH (yuck!) I didn't think that it was close enough for him to reach. So mom fail and maybe I should have started off with some coffee...

ETA: Words

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• sweett11 said:
    Now that my LO one is army crawling I constantly find myself rearranging and moving everything.  The bottom of our coffee table is now bare because LO was pulling everything off of it.  Some the stuff was okay for him to play with, but other things I didn't want ruined.   LO's newest game is to crawl into the master bathroom, and try to crawl into the shower stall.  I think he is attracted to the drain cover.  I feel like I have so much more baby proofing/rearranging to do.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage
  • Reading about your kids exploring makes me think I'm doing it wrong. Our house is all tile and hardwood except LO's room. We hold him or contain him in the activity center, play pen, or chairs except for playing on the floor in his room. He can crawl but he also goes from a sitting position to just falling backwards expecting the world to catch him. I'm afraid he'd bash his head on the tile or wood floor. Do you all have carpet? Do the kids ever fall on the tile? Am I over thinking this? FTM fail!
  • LO bonked her head on the wood floor twice and then was much more careful when rolling over. It's really funny to watch. When she gets on the wood floor she switches positions very carefully.
  • I'm feeling like utter and total crap. I feel like I got hit by a truck. I'm so achy and tired. Whah! :(
  • MOTY: my kid totally falls into doors, onto hard floors, onto carpet. Kids fall. As long as you have it as safe as possible it's ok. DD pulls up on stuff and is trying to walk around the furniture. She is going to fall. It's part of learning. I just kiss her if she cries and if she doesn't I clap and sing "I get knocked down, then I get up again, You're never gonna keep me down" lol.

I love this song! Thanks for the feedback I think I need to loosen up and start letting him navigating the house a bit. Can't hold him forever.
  • Not reacting when LO falls doesn't work when everyone else does. My family thinks I'm cruel and don't care about LO because I don't fail to notice he's big enough now to come out of the bubblewrap.
  • Not reacting when LO falls doesn't work when everyone else does. My family thinks I'm cruel and don't care about LO because I don't fail to notice he's big enough now to come out of the bubblewrap.

Babies and toddlers are natural AWs. If you run to them every time they fuss or stumble or fall they will expect it and cry more even if it's nbd. I'm sorry your family isn't supportive of that.

Babies and toddlers are natural AWs. If you run to them every time they fuss or stumble or fall they will expect it and cry more even if it's nbd. I'm sorry your family isn't supportive of that.
    Exactly. Luckily LO knows I won't panic every time he falls. He doesn't cry unless he is hurt or others are around
  • You are not going to believe what my DH just told me!

MIL just told him she is mad at me again. Why? Because I refuse to stop putting sun screen on LO even after she read a story about a 20 year study that says sun screen causes cancer not the sun! o.O
  • Today when we went to the community pool there were a bunch of teenage boys playing volleyball. We stayed in the corner so we were out of their way but I heard one of them tell the others that they would lose 10 points if they splashed or hurt the baby. It was really sweet. I was tempted to go over and tell his mom what a great kid she was raising, but I couldn't figure out which parent she was.

The other day at my apartment pool a lot of little kids were jumping around and one little boy kept telling the others "be careful of the little baby". It was so sweet. I would have told his mom but like you I had no clue who she was.
  • HncampHncamp member
    We are trying to crawl over here ....and we have a tooth! Busy week for us!
  • LtpugsLtpugs member
    I'm team let my baby fall as well. We have carpet in his playroom but he still manages to bump his head all. the. time! Downstairs we have hardwood floors... every once in a while he slips a hits his chin or his head but I don't react unless he does. Sometime he surprises me and he's fine.
  • ameegee said:

LO can roll but if is in a sitting position hates putting himself in a laying position, so he stays where you put him. Well yesterday after he woke up I sat him with some toys in the living room and ran back to the bedroom to grab something. I could here him clapping his blocks together and all of a sudden it went really quiet. I go check on him and he has the dog's chew toy IN HIS MOUTH (yuck!) I didn't think that it was close enough for him to reach. So mom fail and maybe I should have started off with some coffee...

ETA: Words

We keep all the dog toys in one area and Kahlan found them. Benjen (the dog) has one toy that we call the dildo dog. Because it looks like a dildo. Kahlan started playing with it the other day....MOTY.

Case in point....

I concede your dog toy story is much better than mine ;)

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• LO leaned to far over in the bath the other night and hit his head on the side of the infant tub while DH was bathing him. I find it hard not to react, but DH just went on like nothing happened and LO ended up being over it quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"