Baby Showers

Thank you cards

So I typically send out Thank You cards within two weeks of receiving a gift.  I have been able to keep up with them so far, but my hands have been super swollen and it is difficult to write more than a line of text without having to drop the pen and shake out my hands.  I have 2 showers worth of Thank Cards that I have yet to write and I feel guilty that I won't be getting these out in a timely manner.  Without explanation do you think my guests/gift givers will be resentful that I have not sent Thank Yous in a timely manner or do you think the majority of people will excuse this simply because I am pregnant?  I could type the Thank Yous but I feel that would be incredibly impersonal.

First Time Mommy
Team Blue
EDD 8/20

Re: Thank you cards

• I've thought about asking someone to help.  I wasn't sure if that would be okay, but your right, I probably will have zero time to even think about thank you cards once the baby is here.  I'll ask a relative; DH's handwriting is like trying to decipher a code, lol.  Thanks so much!
  • I think most people will be understanding, but to me, between typing and delaying, typing would be the lesser evil.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you type (which would be understandable given the circumstances), you'll want to make them longer and more thoughtful, so that it's clear you're not just copy-pasting out of laziness. I might also have a line of explanation about your hands, but that's me.  Otherwise, go for it.  
  • I would say within a month of receiving the gift is fine.  And by all means, get DH to help, even if it's just printing address labels and sticking on the stamps.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"