Multiples

babywearing with twins

Do you babywear with your twins?
I did a lot with ds around the house or if we were going out without taking the stroller. I would like the babywear again with the twins. Is there a way to wear both at once or do you just switch them out during the day?
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: babywearing with twins

• I've never worn both at once but I have worn one and carried one. When they were itty bitty, I wore the fussier one a lot while the other would chill in a bouncer.

We will each wear one sometimes if we all go out together - like to a baseball game or a street festival or something, but I don't babywear nearly as much running errands as I did w my singleton.

• I haven't worn mine at the same time yet, but there is a really good tandem baby wearing group on Facebook that has a lot of ideas of different ways to wear them together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I do it very poorly. It works, I still have to use my arms to hold them in, but at least they are both happy.

I need to YouTube more when I have the time.
    image    image    image    image

• I do it rarely, and I do not find it enjoyable. I have two Ergos and a mei tai that I made myself, so I've done Ergo on the back with mei tai in front, and both Ergos at once. I am much more likely to wear one and carry one for a short distance (like if there's no shopping carts in the lot and I have to walk into the store).

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• When they were tiny I did both in the moby a few times but I didn't love it due to their heads almost hitting all the time. I often wear one when I run errands and the other goes in the cart in their infant carrier. I just wear whichever is fussier or awake. DH and I wear them in two carriers all the time when we go out. It's the easiest way to get through their witching hours when we're not at home.
  • Thanks for all the tips and advice. :)
    I looked up some YouTube vidoes of tandem wearing and yeh... I don't think that will work for me. Haha. I am petite and it reminded me how hard it was to do stuff while wearing Ds on the front. I can't imagine 2 on the front.

But that is good to know it is common to wear one and carry one or put them down in the swing or what not.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This was one thing I missed with having twins. When my hubby was on pat leave, we wore them both a lot, but I never figured out tandem wearing.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• I never even attempted wearing both babies, but I was a big fan of wearing one and letting the other swing or something, especially in the newborn fussy days. I still wear one in the grocery store while the other sits in the cart :P
  • I haven't tandem -ed yet, but I do wear one at a time all the time! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have two maya wraps (ring slings), two mei tais, an ergo, a JJCole Agility (like a ktan) and a Weego twin.  I've tried variations of them all.  If you can find a used weego twin, they work well with tiny preemies (rated for 3+ lb babies) and with very little learning curve.  When they were a little bigger, the two ring slings worked well.  Now, my smallest (the girl) still prefers the cradle hold, so the Agility on front for her and ergo on back for my boy works well.  I also know people have a lot of success with wovens.  I totally second the tandem babywearing group on FB.  If nothing else, it'll give you some confidence.  You can TOTALLY babywear, especially when they're tiny.  A moby wrap works great with squishies when you're doing kangaroo care!

m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • We are planning on it!  The Tandem Babywearing group on FB is awesome.  I suggest joining; there are lots of helpful moms on there with helpful videos and feedback.  It's possible!  We've been practicing some newborn twin carries.  We have a Boba, moby wrap and a little frog woven.  Getting excited!  Huge babywearer when DSs were little.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"