March 2014 Moms

Question for Babies that STTN

What time do you last feed and what time does your child wake in the morning to eat?

Will is an amazing sleeper. He usually passes out for the night between 6-8. I dream feed him before I go to bed (between 9-11). He is getting harder to dream feed and will barely eat anything. I'm thinking about giving up but I'm so scared he will wake up much earlier. I can't imagine a baby his age should go 12 hours without eating.

He usually wakes up between 5-7, eats a bottle then immediately takes his morning nap.

Re: Question for Babies that STTN

• 8-9 last feed, dream feed around one. Wake up around 6-7

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Her last bottle is around 7-8, she dream feeds around 11:30-12 and she wakes up about 6 for another bottle.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Do you go back to sleep @meowmix12‌? My H leaves right before 5 and I think it's been waking up Will lately bc he always wakes up for his first bottle right after he leaves. Then I can't go back to sleep and I have to be really quiet to not wake up my daughter. My mornings are so boring lately.
  • Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    She usually eats 7-8, bed 8-9, no dream feed, wakes up about 7:30 in the morning.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • vacsx2vacsx2 member
    Last feed at 7:00, wakes at 5:30-6, eats immediately. Down for his first nap at 8:30.
  • How does everyone dream feed? Do you use a bottle or can I pick up my LO from his crib and breastfeed him?
  • Last bottle is at 7-8 and I nurse him after that until about 10 when it's bedtime. He wakes up at about 7 or 7:30 before I leave for work but I make noise do Ivan see him before I go. On weekends he usually doesn't wake up until 8-9
  • Only problem is if I give him more at other bottles he pukes. He's stuck at 4 oz. ;)

My only reason is because I want him to sleep later. I guess I'll try not giving it and see how it goes.
  • Colton will only take. 3.5 oz bottle of pumped milk
  • Colton will only take. 3.5 oz bottle of pumped milk

Will's on full formula now so the amount has increased.
  • Hdhtk4 said:
    She usually eats 7-8, bed 8-9, no dream feed, wakes up about 7:30 in the morning.
    We're on almost the exact same schedule. Now if only I was smart enough to go to bed when he does and not after midnight....
  • My LO goes to bed at 6pm. Wakes at 4 or 5am to eat (6oz) and immediately goes back to sleep (and so do I... Lol) and he stays asleep until 8:30am.
  • Wow my LO goes to bed way later than everyone else's. At 11:30. It's the only time he'll go down for the night. But then he sleeps 10 or later most mornings. MIL said his father did the same thing. I don't know what I'm going to do when I start student teaching in August and I have to get up at 6:30. Any suggestions on how to get them to go to sleep earlier?
  • Last bottle and bed between 9 & 10. Up between 5 & 6.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • I love this thread. I didn't realize his sleeping was so normal. I have always assumed it has to do with his super chill personality with DS. It makes me feel all excited to realize your typical kids are also very heavy sleepers. :)
  • Harper usually has a bottle between 7:30-8:30 depending on her last one before that. She usually sleeps from 9ish - 5:15 a.m. She sometimes wakes during the night but not to et just for me to either put her paci in or pat her back . I get up ay 5 for work anyways , so Ill feed her she will hang out with me and usually DH will put her down for a nap before he leaves ( around 7 a.m. ).

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Bryson has his last bottle around 8:00 and is in bed asleep by 8:30. He has been waking for the day and to eat at 6:15. First nap around 8:00.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She eats before we go to bed around 11pm, then dream feeds before I go to work around 5am, doesn't take a bottle with my MIL until around 9:30-10am.
  • James has his last bottle between 7:00 and 7:30 then sleeps until 6 or so. Sometimes he gets up a little earlier, sometimes a little later, but it's usually 6. He gets a bottle then and is usually napping by 8.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If her day is going "according to schedule" (we don't force her to adhere to one but have a general routine), she'll have her last full feeding around 2 hours before bed, than a top-up bottle right before bed (generally consuming about 8oz during that two-hour timeframe). The last top-up bottle is around 7:15 or so, and she is in bed by 7:45. We haven't tried dreamfeeding, but will feed her if she wakes up hungry. She usually wakes up once in the night to eat, somewhere between 2am and 4am. Then she wakes up for the day around 6:30-7am.

She has slept through the entire night without waking up twice so far. Both times have been when she had about 31-32oz in a 24-hour period. However, that 31-32oz included her MOTN of the bottle (which was 5-6oz), so we haven't figured out how to incorporate that amount into her daytime schedule (she'll spit up a ton if we feed her too much at once).

We're planning to start trying solids this week though, so who knows how that will affect things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • liamandlettieliamandlettie member
    edited July 2014
    I had an awesome sleeper and that's been gone for about 4 weeks now. When you gals give the last feeding do you lay them down right away awake? Or do they play? I cannot remember bedtime routine with my son at this age!
                                           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just want to say...
  • Abby has her last bottle at night just before she goes to bed around 9pm. She sleeps straight through until 6:30-7am.

• We take last feed between 8:30-9pm. Its usually just a top off to help her get to sleep. She sleeps until 8am most mornings, bed time has been varied this last week because she has been fighting it, hard. usually anywhere between 8:45 and 9:30.

She stopped waking in the night around month 2. It happens occasionally. 
  • As of right now Robert will nurse sometime between 9pm and 10pm and then as soon as he's done we swaddle him (one arm out) and then he goes to bed (sometimes falls asleep immediately but sometimes it takes up to 20 min).  He usually wakes up sometime between 8am and 10am. 

I need to think about getting him to bed earlier once school starts... i'm assuming if I wake him up early he'll eventually adjust?
  • we bunch her last two feeds usually around 5 and then down for the night at 7
     she USUALLY wakes about 5:30, eats a little, and goes right back down for another 2 hours and gets up for the day anywhere from 7-8
  • Hays0770 said:

we bunch her last two feeds usually around 5 and then down for the night at 7

she USUALLY wakes about 5:30, eats a little, and goes right back down for another 2 hours and gets up for the day anywhere from 7-8

This was my life until about 4 weeks ago. Sigh. :'(

• DD's last feed is sometime between 9-10 and then she goes down right after. She usually sleeps until 7:30, will be up 1.5 hours and then ready for a nap. She tries to sleep in longer sometimes but then she just ends up staying up later, which I wish she would go to bed earlier in general. She's a pain in the evenings.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Last feed is between 8-9 and wakes usually around 7.
  • As of right now Robert will nurse sometime between 9pm and 10pm and then as soon as he's done we swaddle him (one arm out) and then he goes to bed (sometimes falls asleep immediately but sometimes it takes up to 20 min).  He usually wakes up sometime between 8am and 10am. 

I need to think about getting him to bed earlier once school starts... i'm assuming if I wake him up early he'll eventually adjust?

My question as well.
  • When my daughter started daycare, I had to wake her up earlier. She adjusted somewhat and I had to change her schedule to suit. I found that she took much longer morning naps. I would just wake her up right before I left, change her diaper and her clothes and throw her in the carseat. She figured it out!
  • Isla has her last bottle around 7 (like between 6 and 8) and her first bottle around 5-6.

imageimage

• This is our LO as well.
    vacsx2 said:

Last feed at 7:00, wakes at 5:30-6, eats immediately. Down for his first nap at 8:30.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Eats between 6 - 7 pm and then goes to sleep.  No more dream feed.  I just stopped doing it one night to see what would happen - he didn't wake up at the DF time and still woke up at his normal time.  He wakes around 3:30 - 5:00. 

Sleeping patterns are always changing though.  He's always been a great sleeper, but seems to have a night once - twice a week when he wakes up more often.  Naps are a beast...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"