July 2014 Moms
Options

Overachiever

So my left boob is an overachiever. Or my right boob is a severe underachiever. Is it normal for one to produce way more milk than the other?? (As in I pumped 4 oz outta lefty, and barely 1 oz outta righty). Or am I doing somthing wrong??

Re: Overachiever

• Options
    I didn't bf / pump for long with DS so I'm not sure what's normal or not. But one boob always did more than the other.

• Options
    I've been told by a lactation consultant that it's normal and for me it seems like some days lefty is an overachiever and some days righty is the overachiever.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I believe it is normal to have a dominant side. My right side has been dubbed "the big kahuna" b/c it gets HUGE when I'm nursing, and always seems to have more. I compensate for this by switching which breast I have LO take first each feeding. That way, she's working the left side evenly, while regulating what the right is producing (as in, she's not always draining the right first, and then taking that last tiny bit she needs from the left...she's draining the left every other feed so it knows to produce more).

They'll start "evening out" somewhat eventually...

• Options
    @Matthew930‌ lol at "the big kahuna"

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"