Secondary IF

IUI Timing Question

Steph1673Steph1673 member
edited July 2014 in Secondary IF
We time our IUI based on OPK. Last cycle I got a smiley late monday night before bed, called Tuesday morning and they wanted me to do a Wed morning IUI. They count any positive OPK after 2pm as a next day surge.

This cycle I had a negative OPK this morning and a positive tonight at 9pm. It's Sunday, and the clinic is closed, so there rule is if you surge on Sunday show up Monday for IUI. I think that's what I want to do, however, based on last cycle timing (unsuccessful IUI) they probably don't want me in until Tuesday if they were open to call.

Would you show up for a morning IUI tomorrow/Monday, or wait to call tomorrow for a Tuesday IUI?

ETA: I just got home from being out of town and away from DH, so we haven't BD at all leading into surge, which scare me a little and which is why I'm eager to go in tomorrow. Just don't want it to be too early...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

Re: IUI Timing Question

• pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited July 2014
    I only did one IUI, like yours- they had me do the OPK specifically at night and come in the following morning. Personally I think that was too early. I would BD tonight, call tomorrow, and IUI Tues. I think you'd be fine. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think you might be right. Google tells me 36 hrs after surge is ideal, and Tues am would be 36 hours exactly, and would allow us to BD tonight as well to cover bases, while abstaining tomorrow as instructed pre-IUI.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"