musicalsilvermusicalsilver member
edited July 2014 in June 2013 Moms
Self-explanatory.
BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Have you spent the night away from LO? 145 votes

Not yet.
54% 79 votes
Only because I had to (business trip, etc).
10% 15 votes
Yes, by choice.
33% 48 votes
SS
2% 3 votes

Re: Have you spent the night away from LO?

• Only one night. He stayed with a friend back in April so Alex and I could have a night out. We need another night out!
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    Not yet. I was in the ER until like midnight once, but I made it home in time to spend the night here.
  • Loading the player...
  • No. We were gonna go to Vegas in the spring, just DH and I, and he'd stay with my MIL.
    We can't now. Only time I'll be away over night is when I have the new squish.

• We have twice now both by choice. Once for wine tour in April just one night and once for a destination wedding in June 3 nights that was rough. He was with my mom both times.
  • Once and it was glorious. Just two weeks ago he had his first sleepover at my sister's house with his cousins. It was his brother's first sleepover too. I wish I lived closer to my family, my IL's live near us but they aren't as mentally or physically capable of a sleepover with our two.

• I have left Quinn for work but I chose SS because I WOULD spend the night away from them for fun if the opportunity was there.  With Aiden I spent the night away from him at 3 weeks old for a wedding and again at 3 months old for our anniversary.  I trust my ILs implicitly so I have zero issues leaving either or both kids with them.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• We still haven't been apart overnight yet and it probably won't happen for a long time. I plan on breastfeeding him for a long time, like I did with DD. DD and I weren't apart overnight until she was 3.5.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Yes, a few times. SO and I have gone out at least once or twice a month. Usually its just to go out to dinner and see a movie but sometimes we go out with his friends. Even though Im not drinking right now, its better that we just leave her overnight with his parents rather than try and take her back home.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, one night for our anniversary last weekend. She stayed with my in laws.
  • Twice. 1st was beginning of June for 2 nights. She stayed with DH while I went for a girls weekend with the ladies in his family (mom, sister and aunts). 2nd time was this past Wednesday. She stayed with my mom since DH was working during the day and on-call all night. I wouldn't really feel comfortable leaving her with anyone else, but I felt pretty ok with it these two times :)
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Nix55Nix55 member
    Yes, several times. Let's see: one night for BIL's wedding, one night for a quick Vegas trip, one night when my MIL was in the hospital, and five nights when H and I went to Miami for his 30th. I'm glad we did because I think it would be harder to leave her now. She cries when I even walk away to go to the bathroom. I'm dreading having to leave her when I have the next lil baby.
  • I've never missed more than one consecutive meal of his.  I would love to have an overnight away but the opportunity  hasn't presented itself quite yet.  My husband has spent a night away more times than I can count.  I trust my sister 100% with my LO and my MIL will do for one night or evening but no more than feeding him dinner and putting him to bed. 

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes for work several times but also had her stay with MIL when we went to Auburn football game. No family nearby so not a norm for us to do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes. I went to a bachelorette party, a wedding, camping, and sometimes just a night out with DH, although we usually get her early or end up staying close by.
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Not yet, but as soon as we are fully weaned, DH and I are going to take a weekend and drop her off with the ILs. I can't wait!
    Anniversary       

• Last weekend was my first time being away from her. I went to a sorority convention and was away for 3 nights. I missed her like crazy but it was really nice to be away and feel like an individual and not just a mom.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"