March 2014 Moms

Dressing chubby babies

Helllo fellow chubby baby mommas! My 4.5 month old is around 18lbs and in 9month clothes. His sleepers are getting too short already and I just put him in a 12 month one this morning. It's super skinny and doesn't fit him well (target Carter's version). Any suggestions on brands to try or things to do for dressing my little chunk? I prefer footed ones as his feet are often chilly. Tia
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image

Our English Bulldog, Ulga born 4/9/2013

Baby Boy Xander born 3/13/2014

Re: Dressing chubby babies

• He's too long for the 9month target Carter's ones. :(

• Carter's is the worst for chunky babies IMO! I like baby gap a lot and he fits perfectly in their 6-12 month size. My chunkster is probably 19lbs and 4 months on Wednesday. Old Navy is another place that works. While Carter's 9 month shorts are even tight, he can wear old navy 6 month clothes. 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Loading the player...
  • I find most brands now have a thin/narrow version or a wide version. Not all clothing patterns are available in both options however.

I need long and thin, but have seen long and wide in Carter's and George (Walmart) and Circo (Target) as well as some Pekkle (Costco) and definitely Gerber.
    I don't go to Sears often, but I found a lot of their clothes were wide (for bigger babies).
  • Thanks ladies! I'll have to do some shopping!! ;)

• It pisses me off to no end that the carters sleep and play jammies only go up to size 9 mos. My chunk was in the 9 month size at 4 months old. Grrrrrrrrr. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It pisses me off to no end that the carters sleep and play jammies only go up to size 9 mos. My chunk was in the 9 month size at 4 months old. Grrrrrrrrr. 

Same here. It sounds like you'll be going shopping too! :)

• Believe it or not Kohls precious moments...my 4 month old is 19.5 lbs and 27 inches...I feel you mamas!!!
  • MA&CBMA&CB member
    Circo at Target always seemed to be very wide.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes circo runs wider! It's funny bc I had a very chunky baby with my first and couldn't do Gerber or old navy. Carters were our best.
  • memo9memo9 member
    Yes!  I gave up on sleep and plays.  He doesn't fit in carter's 12m or children's place 12m.  He is 24lbs, 5m and he is wearing 24m clothes (no pants... too chubby).  He wears a long sleeve onesie and a sleep sack to bed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No
    Advice for sleepers but for regular clothes rompers rule for the babies with the chunk!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • WickedNE said:

I know I shouldn't compare, but DD is such a peanut she's still in her 0-3 clothes. She's growing and all that, so this isn't a "baby size" post. I'm just mad I have so many cute summer clothes that will go to waste cuz it'll be cold here before she's even in 3-6 months! Aghhhh. What can ya do.

I hear you. We completely bought the wrong stuff. Will just started wearing 0-3 and everything we had was for cold weather. I figured he would be like my daughter and only wear newborn for a couple weeks. On the other hand, my daughter was wearing 4T by 2. I learned to never buy ahead. But she's been wearing that same size since and she's 4!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"