Babies on the Brain

Trying to Conceive For 11 months

My husband and I have been tying for a baby for about 11 months and have had no luck.  I am the type that over worries and stress about every little detail. I have been trying to relax but each month my period comes I get more disappointed.  We eat healthily and have been taking a multi vitamin every day. I am not sure what the next steps are or how long we should keep trying before looking into other options/ways of conceiving. I am not sure what I am doing wrong that is preventing me from becoming pregnant.  I have been told to stop stressing and start relaxing more and that will help, but is it really all about my stress level? What are some great tips that have helped others conceive?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Re: Trying to Conceive For 11 months

• I have bot been charting my basal body temp. I will definately start. I have been charting everything else tho.
  • Definitely consider charting your basal body temp. It will help you pinpoint your most fertile time in your cycle, or tip you off if you're not ovulating. The fertility friend website/app is a great resource. Taking Charge of your Fertility is a good book to read.

Most people will start the medical intervention after a year of unsuccessful TTC. Since you haven't been charting I'd get the hang of that, and schedule a doc appt in a few months if still not pregnant, or if your charts start to reveal ovulation problems.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • Jags8Jags8 member
    People who tell you it will happen when you relax are ignorant ass hats.

In addition to temping your BBT to confirm ovulation, have you tried OPKs to predict ovulation?

In any case, if you have been off of birth control and have been having regular sex for 11 months, you can see an RE once you hit the 1-year mark.
  • I would make an appointment to see a board certified reproductive endocrinologist. Charting and temping are great but even after 11 - 12 mos you should theoretically have had a BFP, even w/o BBT charting. Start here for an RE: https://www.asrm.org/euclid/detail.aspx?id=2328

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"