December 2014 Moms
Options

cauruon: irritated preggo woman.

Turkish FIL wants baby to call him "dede" which sounds like dada which I find confusing & irritating.

Neurotic grandmother already forced us to call her Mimi as children but now as a great grandma wants to be called gigi by the baby & continue to be called Mimi by us. Enough with the made up names, woman!

Baby's name is Wendy but MIL is calling her Windy to go with her name, Rainy.

Everyone is pissing me off!

End rant.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: cauruon: irritated preggo woman.

• Options
    I have learned in the battle with "what to call relatives" it is easier to fight other battles and let this one go. I tried to get FIL to go by grandpa instead of "popo" which is what his other grandchildren called him and then I realized I was being selfish. It's what he likes to be called and as much as I hate it, it's what he likes. However, calling her Windy instead of Wendy would really irritate me!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Even more irritating I spelled caution wrong in my title & can't fix it on my phone! Lol

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're right I'll let them be called what they want. There are bigger fish to fry. Although I do feel better just after angrily typing everything lol

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

hthomas17 said:

Even more irritating I spelled caution wrong in my title & can't fix it on my phone! Lol

Haha I was wondering what that meant. So wait, MIL'S name is Rainy?
    Her name is Lorraine but her father who abandoned her called her that so she's always gone by Rainy.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    hthomas17 said:
    You're right I'll let them be called what they want. There are bigger fish to fry. Although I do feel better just after angrily typing everything lol

Haha that's the point of this community! Get it off your chest. I would be annoyed too though. And Rainy? Is that her actual name?

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    That is annoying! However, if it helps, in the Ohio dialect where I live, Wendy and Windy sound the same. So, if she ever visits here, it will be said "correctly" according to dialect. Probably doesn't help!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options

I empathize with all of you ladies who have intrusive or annoying in laws. Mine are across the country and they are the type of people who have no opinion about anything, I have to remind myself they exist. DH only talks to them every couple weeks.

Can I have them? MIL lives 5 minutes away and doesn't let us (read me) forget it. Thankfully though after everything with the wedding she's shut up a little bit. Now it's SIL who's making the snide remarks. She made some snotty comment today when H was telling them we put up Tiffany blue curtains in the nursery, to which she crinkled her nose and said "blue? Really? Do you want her to think she's a boy?" Ugh I could kill them all

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Her actual name is Lorraine but goes by Rainy.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    beachy6 said:
    That is annoying! However, if it helps, in the Ohio dialect where I live, Wendy and Windy sound the same. So, if she ever visits here, it will be said "correctly" according to dialect. Probably doesn't help!
    I pronounce them the same way also. I guess I don't know the correct way to pronounce Wendy :/ 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, I've been trying to figure out how one would be able to differentiate spelling from someone verbally saying Wendy vs Windy. Can anyone provide the phonetics for me?? 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    Its "when"-dee vs. "win"-dee if that helps
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options

Yea, I've been trying to figure out how one would be able to differentiate spelling from someone verbally saying Wendy vs Windy. Can anyone provide the phonetics for me?? 

Wendy = "when" dy
    Windy = "win" dy
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"