April 2013 Moms

MN Ladies / @cfattig - Vacation Tips?

@cfattig posted in the "Small Victory" thread that she just got back from a MN vacation ... so I thought I'd post about our upcoming vacation.

We're going there the last week of August and I was just curious if there were any "must do's" or hidden gems around the area that we might enjoy.

We're staying by the MoA (doing that a couple days of course), but we're also venturing out to the zoo, the children's museum, etc. 

We're coming from WI, so I don't know if there's anything on the way that might be fun too. 

Thanks!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: MN Ladies / @cfattig - Vacation Tips?

• The State Fair is going on during the last week of August! I consider that a "must do" for sure! It's in St. Paul, so not far from MOA at all.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• I already said this, but Sawyer loved the aquarium, and I'm guessing you are already going there. Buy cheaper tickets online!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • CoachTay said:
    The State Fair is going on during the last week of August! I consider that a "must do" for sure! It's in St. Paul, so not far from MOA at all.
    And I bet the MOA will run a shuttle to the fair, since parking is gross.

So many hidden gems I don't even know where to start.  

Uptown Mpls is fun, and you can visit the city lakes from there (Calhoun, Harriet, Lake of the Isles), Minnehaha Falls, Como Zoo is free and I think more fun than the MN Zoo, it is in St .Paul and has a great water park (that you have to pay for), in addition to a little amusement park.  St. Anthony Main / Stonearch Bridge area is beautiful (downtown Mpls), or catch a baseball game at Target Field.  St. Paul Saints are our minor league team and those games are fun too.   Check out https://www.mplsmusicandmovies.com/ for outdoor concert and movie listings, and there is a blog called "St. Paul By Tricycle" that I just discovered that has lots of fun kids activities.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Science Museum in St Paul is also cool. It has dinosaurs and a mummy.

If you are interested in the state fair, definitely check out the website and take one of the shuttles so you don't have to park or drive near the fair. It's free and much easier. You could also walk to Como Zoo from the fair if you're feeling ambitious and aren't tired of walking after the fair.
  • Kate_C said:
    Science Museum in St Paul is also cool. It has dinosaurs and a mummy. If you are interested in the state fair, definitely check out the website and take one of the shuttles so you don't have to park or drive near the fair. It's free and much easier. You could also walk to Como Zoo from the fair if you're feeling ambitious and aren't tired of walking after the fair.
    dude, that mummy scared the SHIT out of me when I was a kid.  I have still never looked directly at it, because it scared me so bad.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • You couldn't pay me to take my kid to the state fair :) But lots to do in the cities! Science Museum and Zoo are fun. I've heard Underwater Adventures at MOA is good too. I'd head to a water park if it's hot out. I love the Uptown/Lake Calhoun area myself. Chino Latino in Uptown is my all-time favorite restaurant!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sorry I haven't been on to read the updates ... but THANK YOU ladies for the suggestions! DH is a super-planner, and puts what we're doing each day into a spreadsheet ... I just started listing off all the ideas everyone suggested, and he was like "Yep ... yep ... yep ..." so apparently he's been doing a lot of planning behind the scenes (it helps we were there in like 2006 when DS was 2; now we'll have a 10 year old and a 16 month old!)!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"