May 2012 Moms

Breastfeeding

Is anyone else still nursing their May baby? We are still going strong here. She's a great eater and drinks from cups and water bottles now but just isn't ready to give up the boob :)

Re: Breastfeeding

• That is awesome! I'm still nursing but only right before bedtime.

I've been slowly weaning for a few weeks and hope to be finished by the end of the month. I had really hoped DD would self wean but I'm okay initiating it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • (Raises hand) I'm still nursing, but have been trying to wean for months. I just didn't have the energy or the heart to stop cold turkey. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and definitely feel an urgency to stop (for my own sake as much as for DD).

DD was nursing before naptime, before bedtime, and 1-2 in the motn. In the past week we've dropped the MOTN feedings, mainly thanks to DH stepping up and attending to DD when she wakes up. DD has actually been doing pretty well and has only had one feeding in the MOTN in the past week. I plan on giving her another week or two of getting used to sleeping through the night before I drop another nursing session. I think I'll try the naptime session next. Bedtime sessions will definitely be the hardest!

Congrats to all May mommas who made it this far, it's definitely a huge accomplishment!

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • We are almost done and I have very mixed emotions about it. He went 5 days without asks every morning but I say no and distract him which works. Yesterday though he couldn't wind down for nap and so I let him nurse and he was out like a light, I'm going to miss it a lot but it's time for us to be done. I had said I'd wean at a year and well were far past that so I'm proud of us
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Rock on, all you awesome mommas!

Sophia seems to have pretty much weened herself. She only asked once last week and it was for 30 seconds on each side. I'm glad I chose to go the route of letting her self ween. I feel totally okay with her stopping at this point and really proud of myself for going this far. 2 years plus 2.5 months!!!! Now on to baby #2 making full force!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"