December 2013 Moms
Options

kittyh8r and other sidecar crib moms

Now that LOs are getting more mobile are you worried about LO crawling and getting hurt? What about pulling up on the crib? I have the crib against the wall and sleep beside LO, but I'm still starting to get a little nervous. I can't lower it because we nurse and SCC makes no sense with the crib so low. What are your thoughts on all this?

Re: kittyh8r and other sidecar crib moms

• Options
    Amelia isn't quite mobile enough for me to worry too much. When she is rolling more(she just started rolling belly to back, but had been rolling to her belly for a while), I might consider something different. Our bed is pretty low, and it may work out to lower the crib mattress, because it may come up to the box spring. Ykwim? She is in the middle slot for now so I don't think we will worry about pulling up for a while.

Baby is crying. My post is all over the place.

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Eh it made sense to me.

My bed is higher and LO just crawled today for the first time.

But he's never in there alone really so I don't know if I should worry or when.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have seen people put the toddler bar on the front, but once they get really good, it wouldn't work that great, I guess. I love scc, so I hope we don't have issues for a long time.

Do you have a video monitor? We do and I watch her pretty close anyways, so if I see she is waking up I would rush upstairs to get her.

imageimage

Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
  • Options
    I don't have a video monitor, but the place is so small that if he rolls over in bed I can hear it in the living room unless the AC is on.
  • Options
    Also I love SCC too! I just learned about it when LO was moving from the bassinet to crib and it saved my life. I couldn't imagine getting up to get him as often as he wakes to eat at night.
  • Options
    Amelia has started to grab her paci and pull it out. Every. 5. Minutes. Ugh. Scc saved my life! ;)

imageimage

• Options
    We are transitioning to a twin on the floor for naps in his room. At night I'm not worried yet because I am right there. But we are planning on getting a bed rail and making the crib sides taller, just in case. Our crib is in infant setting now, we'll move the mattress down soon. Which will mean raising the legs up so it's still flush with our mattress. I know a lot of people just put everything on the floor but it's too humid here in Florida for that. Mold would certainly grow..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"