January 2015 Moms

Heart Racing/pounding...

I hate this feeling. My heart is pounding in my chest. Does anyone else have this? What do you do to make it feel better? Please help.....

Re: Heart Racing/pounding...

• I haven't heard that being a side effect of pregnancy...Have you seen a dr?
  • Yes it's normal. I get it at random times. If you have a hard time breathing or feel like your gonna pass out call your dr ASAP . My M/W told be it's because our body's is pumping more blood to help support baby. But if u feel dizzy/ faint ect. Get it checked out as it can be another issue
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, it's normal. At work, I cornered one of my cardiologists and made him take a listen to me and told him about my resting heart rates of like, 110-120 and he said it's perfectly normal due to all the extra blood circulating, like PP said. It's only when there's pain or shortness of breath along with it that you should be concerned.
  • Thanks for asking this. I also get a rapid resting HR occasionally and it worries me somewhat. I notice it happens after a heavy meal (like when I am laying in bed after a fatfest) or when I am unknowingly thirsty. If I take some deep breaths or drink some water, it subsides.

• Like other ladies said, its pretty normal. My heart does the same thing as a side effect of my thyroid being off. But its been like that for 9 years.
  • sanbrysanbry member
    Lay down and keep hydrated. I had it with my first pregnancy, this time not so much yet but as a precaution I just had a full cardiology work up because I also get palpitations. It's all normal with all the extra blood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"