December 2013 Moms

Eczema

Kahlan has eczema. It's a few spots on her back that are unrelated to food (we got rid of the food she was eating at the time it showed, it's still around). Her daddy gets eczema in the winter but never does anything about it. So I was wondering if there are any special tricks or tips out there I should try?

Re: Eczema

• DS1 has eczema. We got a steroid cream from the pedi that he uses when it gets bad. We also have good luck with the Aveeno eczema lotion and their oatmeal baths. When he gets really itchy, we use Benadryl, but I don't remember how young you can start that. He also wore onesies most of his first couple years to reduce the amount he could itch...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She doesn't really itch, it's just dry, red patches. Same as my DH. Right now we're putting regular aveeno and aquaphor every night, but it isn't helping too much.
  • Loading the player...
  • LtpugsLtpugs member
    DS had some eczema through the winter. We used a prescription steroid cream for the really bad patches. We also used Cetaphil restoraderm lotion and body wash. I would put the lotion on during every diaper change and it helped a lot.
    Now he only has a couple dry scaly patches but they're in creases so I think it may just be chaffing.
  • LO has eczema too. We use Dove sensitive skin bar soap for baths (it's recommended on eczema websites), & make sure to apply cream or Aquaphor quickly after baths to lock in the moisture. For creams I use the Aveeno eczema cream, or the Eucerin eczema cream. And if it's really bad we use cortisone cream, per the pedi. We also use ALL free & clear detergent for her clothes.
  • Cetaphil antibacterial bar soap and aveeno eczema or aquaphor.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • HncampHncamp member
    We intermittently use a steroid cream but I try to use it sparingly. Aquaphor and burts bees lotion have worked well for us. Less baths if you are bathing frequently.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"