January 2014 Moms
Options

What makes you happy today?

Don't want to be a total AW but wanted a way to share some good (to me anyway) news that I received today. 

So what makes you happy? 

Re: What makes you happy today?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rojovol34 I am sorry you are facing tough stuff at work.  I hope you and your family are able to work through whatever you are facing and wish you nothing but happiness in all areas of your life!
      ::Hugs::

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

@bensmommy518  Congrats!  

I'm happy today because (hopefully) our AC unit was finally serviced this morning.  I say hopefully because our landlord has been beating around the bush about this for over a month.  We live in south Texas where the average temperatures have been in the mid 90s.  And my husband works out in the field all day.  It sucks that he has to come home to a hot house as well.  It'll be nice to finally come home to a house that cools down before going to bed.  lol  
    And I thought it was bad that we had to wait two weeks! The law is actually on your side here. If he doesn't have it fixed within a week of a written request, you can hire someone to fix it on his dime.

I don't remember the specifics because it didn't come to that for us, but know that these tenant protection laws exist.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
  • Options
    I'm happy because we finally bought a house!! I'm also happy because I quit my job and I get to be a SAHM again! DS is also really starting to love eating solids. I'm just happy this week!
    YAY!!!!!!!!

• Options

@bensmommy518  Congrats!  

I'm happy today because (hopefully) our AC unit was finally serviced this morning.  I say hopefully because our landlord has been beating around the bush about this for over a month.  We live in south Texas where the average temperatures have been in the mid 90s.  And my husband works out in the field all day.  It sucks that he has to come home to a hot house as well.  It'll be nice to finally come home to a house that cools down before going to bed.  lol  
    And I thought it was bad that we had to wait two weeks! The law is actually on your side here. If he doesn't have it fixed within a week of a written request, you can hire someone to fix it on his dime.

I don't remember the specifics because it didn't come to that for us, but know that these tenant protection laws exist.

I looked everywhere for tenant's rights regarding the AC unit repairs.  The closest I could come to was under the Health and Safety Provisions.  I was about to contact an attorney the next day if I didn't hear from him.  Our landlord couldn't even have the decency to respond to my messages to him.  We got a phone call at 9 last night from the A/C technician.  I think the only thing that deterred me from contacting anyone by thinking that I didn't have a case, was that he "was working on it".  Long story short, we had to wait for his Maintenance Coverage to kick in with his insurance....get this...that he didn't even use.  Infuriating!  

Oh my gosh! That us terrible! The part of the law we focused on was that when you rented, you were told/shown that you would have AC. It doesnt mention AC specifically but it is covered. I can find the documents if you need them.

Any luck yet?

• Options
    My LO got to visit with her Great Granpy today. He was super happy to see her and you can tell it makes his day so it was a nice day. We live 7 hrs from him (and my parents) so these visits are rare, but cherished.
  • Options
    Spending time with kiddos at the spray park! Leaving for vacation on Saturday! I love the people my kids are becoming!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just opened a big cold beer. And Happy to be away from work, I have a 4 day weekend and we are camping with the family. Get to see my brothers family including my nieces who I haven't seen since Xmas.
  • Options
  • Options
    @natalawson I am inept at PMs as I mostly mobile bump.

This is the one we found (for KY though) 

https://www.tenant.net/Other_Areas/Kentucky/ltguide.html#3secm

The part you want I think is under "The Right to Have Essential Services." The AC counts, even if it doesn't say so in the lease, assuming that you moved into the place and were told it has AC. The law usually sides with the tenant assuming that you aren't late on rent.

• Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    I tweaked my neck 2 days after DD was born. It's hurt on and off since. I have a high pain tolerance but I've woken up in the night in so much pain this week that I've been in tears. DH and I were both very skeptical of chiropractors but I decided to try it bc I really felt if I could just get my neck to pop, it would feel better. I had an appt today and I feel like a new person. I'm so glad I went.

• Options
    valigrl21valigrl21 member
    edited July 2014
    Great news @bensmommy518!

A few things I am happy for -
    - I work for a very family friendly company and I am so grateful for it. We have a pumping room that makes it so much easier to pump.

Also, I was talking to a director the other day about whether or not parents lose skills if they take time off to stay at home. We are in the tech industry, so staying current is always a challenge. But he said "I think being a parent makes a BETTER worker. I deal with poop all day with the kids, which is just practice for dealing with someone here at work with a poopy attitude".

- DD#1 gave me a huge hug this morning and said "I love you so much mommy!" Does it get any better than that?

- It's FRIDAY!

ETA - Andplusalso our oven was broken for over a month. But we got a new one on Tuesday. I am so excited to use it this weekend!
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I start my new job on Tuesday so I'm cuddling, snuggling, and carrying DD as much as I can. I am so excited to take a break from being a mommy and earning some $$ to help pay for expenses, but I'm gonna miss some time away from her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Today is our 1st wedding anniversary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"