March 2014 Moms

I need to "feed" my baby

I need to vent: Older relative told me I'm starving my bAby because I nurse on demand instead of feeding her rice cereal, oatmeal, grits, and mashed potatoes. She also told me that if I wasn't around she's feed it to her anyway, regardless of what I want
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need to "feed" my baby

• Eurghhhhhhhh! I'm sorry they did that! I have friends and relatives (all older) who say the same thing. My baby wakes every two hours in the night to feed. But the last two nights has got her 7hours straight in! Why? She went on medication for reflux.... She was clearly feeding to help clear the acid. Was she starving and not getting enough? No!!!! Grrrrrr!!!! So frustrating when people are so rude and say these things!! Hope you are ok - you aren't starving your baby!
  • I agree with @WisconsinCheese12‌! I wouldn't leave my baby alone around that lady for a second. I leave the room, LO leaves the room. Period. And it wouldn't change once she's actually eating solids. That kind of disrespect for a mom's wishes will permeate everything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Why do people think it's ok to make comments like that?! I'm so sorry that happened, and I agree with pp, I wouldn't leave her alone at all with them around!
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• What an awful thing to say!!  You are the mom and you decide what is best for your child.  I wouldn't let that person even hold LO anymore.  
  • Not cool. That shit don't fly. Baby time over, hope they enjoyed it for the brief time they had it.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • "Shakes head"

Seriously what is wrong with people?!?!?! Definitely wouldn't let baby too close to that person!
  • i have this same conversation almost every time we see relatives. 
    PS this passive aggressive talking to the baby about things in front of me is so ANNOYING.
    "When is mommy going to let you have real food?"
    "6 months or earlier if pedi says we need it."
    "But what about mushy stuff when can you eat good mushy stuff?:
    "6 months or earlier but only if pedi reccomends it. Also, clearly my BM is good stuff since she has chunked up nicely and is hitting her milestones, TYVM"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"