C-sections
Options

Cerclage and C-section

Anyone have both? 
Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!

Re: Cerclage and C-section

• Options

I did with my first son. I had an emergency cerclage placed at 16 weeks, then at 36 weeks went in for regular appnt and was told fluid levels were dangerously low and I needed to deliver right away. Got to the hospital and removed the cerclage and proceeded to be induced. But his heart rate was dropping too low with every contraction so we did the C-section. No issues as far as the cerclage is concerned that I can remember; though it was 8 years ago.

This time, I'll have a scheduled C-section. I had the cerclage placed at 14 weeks. There's been no mention of any issues that may arise from having a cerclage. Is there?

10/16/04 ~ lost our first baby boy at 20 weeks due to IC

3/05 ~ another loss at 12 weeks

2/14/06 ~ Our sweet valentine miracle was born after a nightmarish 8 months!

Surprise Baby Boy, born sleeping at 31 weeks on 9/21/14

• Options
    No. Just wondering how it all works as far as delivery
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"