January 2015 Moms
Options

4 year old banned from donut shop!

Did anyone hear about this?? Four year old asked woman in line what she was having- boy or girl - woman said she wasn't pregnant laughed and mom was of course mortified...next day woman comes back in with her kid and store owner says he's not welcome- pointing at her four year old! Because 'he's rude' wow I can't even imagine what I would do!!!!! Place is called the doughnut inn in Monroe Connecticut!

Re: 4 year old banned from donut shop!

• Options
    Whaaaaaaa?!
  • Options
    Your link doesnt work. How can we find the story?

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld! Totally crazy! I would def be shocked and make sure the story was spread so  none of my friends went there ever again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ...is this real...that just seems rather well redic!  /:)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    While that is a bit extreme, good for the owner to stand up for what they believe in! The mother (or whom ever was with the 4yo) should have stopped him or been mortified herself for allowing her son to be so rude. 
  • Options
    @AggieMom0809 did you read the article?  the mother says she WAS mortified and apologized for her son.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    Yea @AggieMom0809‌ I specifically said above the mom was mortified- how exactly does one stop a four year old From asking a question- it's not as if she knew what the kid was gonna say???
  • Options
    This is America, and that's a fine American small business! She should have beat him with a wooden spoon on the spot!
  • Options

Can't make it clicky, but here's the update. Apparently there had been a history with the mom and the kid. There's always more to the story...

Yup, this definitely makes sense...
  • Options
    Can't make it clicky, but here's the update. Apparently there had been a history with the mom and the kid. There's always more to the story...

not surprising.  you'd think most businesses would be pretty cautious about asking customers to leave, so it makes sense that the owner must've felt that these particular customers were worse for business than any potential bad press that might arise from telling them they're no longer welcome.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    The media strikes again.....airing stories without researching them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it still requires more info. I mean the kid is four, what exactly is he doing that is so rude he had to be banned? I have a four year old nephew and you definitely not stop what's coming out of his mouth.
    There was a 4yo at the grocery store yesterday that should have been banned! His parents weren't there. He and his 6yo cousin were being "watched" by the 6yos dad. The youngest was pushing the cart forcefully toward other customers, screaming obscenities, and running up and down the aisles. 

If I was the manager, the kids would have been kicked out. I've done it before. It was never all over the media because people used to be ashamed of their children misbehaving.

While they don't get the whole story in the article, I'm sure that mother wasn't the most polite person to begin with. Why was her kids striking up a conversation with an adult stranger anyway? I feel bad for the company for becoming another victim of the media circus. 
  • Options
    While I feel we won't ever get the whole story until the other woman comes forward to address what happened, this is definetly not the way to salvage your business image and address critics:

Critics said that the shop was in the wrong and Doughnut Inn fought back, calling commenters mentally challenged, drug addicts and even threatened to fight them.
  • Options
    I think it still requires more info. I mean the kid is four, what exactly is he doing that is so rude he had to be banned? I have a four year old nephew and you definitely not stop what's coming out of his mouth.
    There was a 4yo at the grocery store yesterday that should have been banned! His parents weren't there. He and his 6yo cousin were being "watched" by the 6yos dad. The youngest was pushing the cart forcefully toward other customers, screaming obscenities, and running up and down the aisles. 

If I was the manager, the kids would have been kicked out. I've done it before. It was never all over the media because people used to be ashamed of their children misbehaving.

While they don't get the whole story in the article, I'm sure that mother wasn't the most polite person to begin with. Why was her kids striking up a conversation with an adult stranger anyway? I feel bad for the company for becoming another victim of the media circus. 
    FFS. He's a child, he's going to talk to people. The mother apologized for his behavior and was mortified, she seems more polite than the business and WAY more polite than you. You're just all over the judgments today. Or is this another case of someone "having a different opinion".
    Maybe judge mental, but I think the world needs a little more people telling kids they can't just do what they feel like doing. My kids would never get away with that sort of misbehavior. I have taught them better. They know how to act in public without offending people to the point of being kicked out of the store. There's no way that that mom didn't know what her son was saying before she could have stopped him, told him NO, something other than defend his actions. As the article states, this wasn't the only thing the kid has done, it was just the last straw.
  • Options
    LanatirLanatir member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe judge mental, but I think the world needs a little more people telling kids they can't just do what they feel like doing. My kids would never get away with that sort of misbehavior. I have taught them better. They know how to act in public without offending people to the point of being kicked out of the store. There's no way that that mom didn't know what her son was saying before she could have stopped him, told him NO, something other than defend his actions. As the article states, this wasn't the only thing the kid has done, it was just the last straw.
    This is now my action associated with this thread.

Edit to make the GIF actually work...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha @Lanatir‌ right there with ya!
  • Options
    this thread and this incident numb my brain. I feel like the whole thing is so American. From the remarks the Donut shop made, to the mother in the interview being all like ' gotta teach my son he can WIN without punching anyone!'  I'm like oh my gawd... lol
  • Options
    longcat07 said:
    we should all accept nothing less that perfection from our children.  after all, 4yo children should never speak unless spoken to, or ever be curious or friendly.  and, if we're teaching them properly, they'll never, ever test boundaries.  ever.

/sarcasm
    Maybe sarcasm, but try it. Maybe you'll stop making excuses for this bad behavior.
  • Options
    longcat07 said:

longcat07 said:

we should all accept nothing less that perfection from our children.  after all, 4yo children should never speak unless spoken to, or ever be curious or friendly.  and, if we're teaching them properly, they'll never, ever test boundaries.  ever.

/sarcasm

Maybe sarcasm, but try it. Maybe you'll stop making excuses for this bad behavior.

yes, sarcasm.  no, i will not be trying it.  i'm not going to intentionally stifle my child's creativity and inquisitive nature just to prevent him from ever asking an inappropriate question.  congratulations!  you have the world's only perfect children; the perfect product of your perfect parenting skills.  i hope it continues to work out for you.

It does work for me and the mothers I hang out with. My children are still creative and inquisitive, but they know how to behave in public.
  • Options
    Seriously @Stargirlb‌ we are all over it.... It makes people want to ignore anything meaningful you may have to say....
  • Options
    britb618 said:
    Seriously @Stargirlb‌ we are all over it.... It makes people want to ignore anything meaningful you may have to say....
    yah I've gotten this from a bunch of people. Half of you are now ignoring me.
  • Options
    This whole thread is full of sanctimonious bullshit.  Apparently, @AggieMom0809 and Canadians only raise perfection.
  • Options
    AggieMom is remarkably un-canadian though, FYI. I've already had to squirt her with my breastmilk.

As long as I'm unblocked by NatureLovers when the labour buddy festivities roll around, I'm golden.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"