October 2014 Moms

::FFFC::

124»

Re: ::FFFC::

• Loading the player...
  • When ever people mention that there is someone(s) on the board they don't like I wish I knew if it was me.  Or if I could have a rating system.

Honestly, if I knew people generally disliked me I would not bother to visit the board any more. I try to put a lot of thought into my responses and be helpful. I think I would be really annoyed to know I was putting out effort for people who don't like me. 

Short version: I don't care if people don't like me. Just let me know so I don't waste my time :D
    It's not you.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Two more.

1. I keep getting irrationally annoyed at all the fry/tot talk.  I want some SOOO badly, but there is literally no place to get them near me except for a very nasty BK.  It's closing down soon b/c no one eats there.  It smells like a toilet.  The nest nearest anything for getting fries is in Bismarck.  I won't see Bismarck for at least another 2 weeks.  I'm going to cry.

2. I am considering playing sick this weekend.  I probably won't, but I want to.  The a/c is out in the entire hospital, and I just can't deal with that shit.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• @syllessa

Can you make some fries? I saw this cool way of making tater tots in a waffle iron if you don't have the ability to fry them.  You basically just thaw some frozen tots and smash them in the waffle iron until they are crispy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @persephonerose  What an great idea.  DH already wants to try cooking cinnamon rolls in the waffle iron.  I want to try the tater tot idea after Schroeder arrives (as I can eat way too many tater tots to be good for my GD).

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• @persephonerose  What an great idea.  DH already wants to try cooking cinnamon rolls in the waffle iron.  I want to try the tater tot idea after Schroeder arrives (as I can eat way too many tater tots to be good for my GD).
    We did the cinnamon rolls last weekend! They turned out ok. If you like more of the kind of crunchy outside of the roll the waffle iron is good for that. But I like more of the soft gooey center so they weren't my favorite but DH said they were much easier /faster to cook that way.

I have a tube of croissants, think those will work in a waffle iron? Really tempted to make some cinnamon sugar croissant waffles topped with pistachio ice cream.

My brother did the cinnamon rolls in a waffle iron thing. It. Was. Amazing.

image         image

• @DreadGamerWife - I SO want to try this!! (The cinnamon rolls) I want to by a waffle iron just for this. - Blaming this on pregnancy 

View Full Size Image
  • Emerald27 said:
    @persephonerose‌ I like you. ;;) ...and a rating system would make me obsess over who I had offended or who didn't like me. Aaah! I couldn't handle it. lol ...better to live in blissful ignorance and assume everyone loves meeee! ETA: I guess my confession should be that I DO care, probably way more than is normal or good, whether people like me!
    I have a major inferiority complex and think that people forget me the minute I'm not around.  Seriously, I always feel like I need to re-introduce myself so people remember me.

And with that comes a desire to be one of the "cool kids" but I'm just not!  And I am not a people pleaser by any means so I should really just get over that!

side note:  @ohioloveyou - I love that you love your LB because I'm friends with her outside of TB (our daughters are the same age so we have been BMB buddies for almost 3 years now) and she is pretty freaking awesome!!
    Totally me!  And anytime someone brings up not liking someone else, but their all secretive about it, I'm instantly playing back in my head what I've posted to see if it could be me everyone secretly hates!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • pushgal84 said:
    @persephonerose  What an great idea.  DH already wants to try cooking cinnamon rolls in the waffle iron.  I want to try the tater tot idea after Schroeder arrives (as I can eat way too many tater tots to be good for my GD).
    I have a tube of croissants, think those will work in a waffle iron? Really tempted to make some cinnamon sugar croissant waffles topped with pistachio ice cream.
    Well this link uses fresh croissant dough , so I would think tube dough would work.
    https://www.willitwaffle.com/blog/2010/02/10/waffled-croque-madame

My brother did the cinnamon rolls in a waffle iron thing. It. Was. Amazing.
    Seriously, cinnamon rolls in a waffle iron! Mind...blown... I put brownie mix in it once. I think I did it wrong because it just made a massive mess. When it does work though, it's fucking amazing. Extra points for ice cream!
  • FamousEa said:

I actually don't mind the sexy mesh panties the hospital gives you after birth. I think they are pretty damn comfy .

Because OSU's hospital in Columbus OH is largely sponsored by the Wexners (who own limited brands and Victoria's secret), the surgical undies are designed by Victoria secret at their hospital! Patients actually steal them because they are so comfortable!
    That's funny: I always tell my patients I'm bringing their Victoria Secret specials when I bring in the mesh panties. (My hospital has absolutely no affiliation ;) )

• pushgal84 said:
    @persephonerose  What an great idea.  DH already wants to try cooking cinnamon rolls in the waffle iron.  I want to try the tater tot idea after Schroeder arrives (as I can eat way too many tater tots to be good for my GD).
    Well this link uses fresh croissant dough , so I would think tube dough would work.
    https://www.willitwaffle.com/blog/2010/02/10/waffled-croque-madame
    Now that looks amazing! I don't think I have the patience to remove a fried egg from a waffle iron though. If only I had some Gruyere or Swiss right now!

• @pushgal84 Honestly I would skip the egg, but the rest sounds like an amazing melty grilled cheese and ham sandwich.   This might be our experimental recipe this weekend!

If you search for waffle iron hacks there are a lot of recipes out there.  I did see a video showing which work and which don't but I can't seem to find it now.

• I keep having moments of wishing I could have my kids with us for labor/delivery.  I keep feeling sad that they won't be there.  I know this is kind of crazy, and that I would be all "wtf was I thinking?" while actually in labor, but right now it bugs me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• FamousEa said:
    My DD has been driving me nuts. She will be three in October and she has morphed into this little yetti child. She has also started screaming so loud (bloody murder style) during bath time I'm afraid my neighbors are going to call the cops.
    I seriously don't know why they call it terrible twos. I think it kicks in closer to 3! 
    Lol. In our house it kicked in at 14 months.
    Yep, for us too
    My girl was so sweet right up until the age of 2. She got a little attitude then, but now is a whole new ball game. I guess I should consider myself lucky I got the time I did before the yetiness set in.  :((

image         image

• Syllessa said:

I keep having moments of wishing I could have my kids with us for labor/delivery.  I keep feeling sad that they won't be there.  I know this is kind of crazy, and that I would be all "wtf was I thinking?" while actually in labor, but right now it bugs me. 

I mentioned this to my doula (very experienced - over 100 births and years and years of experience), and she said that almost none of her STMs actually wanted their kids with them once they were in labor...even the ones who were very serious about having their kids with them beforehand.

I was like; "what about those pictures I see of siblings with their mamas during birth, like that little girl massaging her mom's back?!"

Or like these:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And she said that it is an extremely rare situation in which a mother doesn't feel "in the zone" during labor and want her kids to be in a separate and safe place so that she can focus all of her energy on the birth. She really recommends lining up childcare for both while laboring at home (if you labor during the day) and at the hospital.

Just something to consider! Who knows how you'll feel when you're actually in labor. Maybe you'll want the kiddos by your side or maybe you'll just want to share the experience with SO.
    imageimage
  • God, Brad Pitt circa Legends of the Fall. I'd have a one night stand with that now and DH would give me his blessing. Lawd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"