October 2013 Moms

WWYB? (What would you buy?) AKA Help me spend money! Gifs included

I am turning to my favorite internet ladies for help.

I won a thousand dollar shopping spree at the mall.
money animated GIF

But I have to spend it by September (my original plan was to wait and spend it for Christmas).

elf

So now I am trying to figure out what to spend it on.
 imagewhat-to-get-valentine-11

So what would you buy if you had $1000?  This is a higher end mall too.  So think Nordstrom's, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, and Lululemon.

tina fey animated GIF
You're the best

If I don't respond for an hour or so it is because I am dropping my big girls off at my mom's. That is right a thousand dollars and a weekend with only 1/3 of my girls, life is good.

Charlotte 12.3.09
Madeline 6.24.11
Eleanor 9.30.13

Re: WWYB? (What would you buy?) AKA Help me spend money! Gifs included

• Loading the player...
  • I can't buy Christmas gifts now because we do an exchange and I don't have exchange names yet.  We only spend about 100 dollars per girl so that leaves me with 700. :)

@jennlin, I can't buy gift cards only items or "experiences" (Hair cut, massage, etc.)

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • norbert5 said:
    I can't buy Christmas gifts now because we do an exchange and I don't have exchange names yet.  We only spend about 100 dollars per girl so that leaves me with 700. :)

@jennlin, I can't buy gift cards only items or "experiences" (Hair cut, massage, etc.)

well you're just making this difficult ;)

• I was going to say Christmas shop early, but if storage is an issue (or hiding them for that long), ask if you can buy gift cards...
  • I would still try to shop for the girls early. Or for school items the oldest may need. Is there a nail place? Maybe go get a mani/pedi. I would then think of things around the house you may need, sheets, towels, kitchen items, pillows, etc. and then whatever is left you can spend on clothes or shoes.
  • norbert5norbert5 member
    edited July 2014
    I am back!
    Miss me

@comeongetdown, love the gif.

eta: because I am trying to type while holding a baby.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • I would get all new bedding, pillows, towels. The nice stuff is $$$ and it's the gift that keeps on giving every night when you climb between your high thread count sheets
  • Is there anything that your family could enjoy right now? Using it for Christmas is great, but if you already have ti budgeted, maybe a just because gift that the family could enjoy isn't out of line.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I'd buy a fab purse but that's me. 2nd choice would be spa day for my mom and me and a nice dinner or the same with DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

• I would get something classic that you normally wouldnt buy for yourself. Something you will love for a long time and wont go out of style, like a nice bag or watch. I assume you've already budgeted for Christmas gifts, use this opportunity to reward yourself! Fun girls day! Oh yeah, and post pics of your purchases!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I want to be a super creeper and ask you which mall you went to...?...because I would know the layout and vicariously live through this amazing experience you had!

imageimage    

• @trackgirlparis, it is for Roseville.

Thanks for all the input ladies.  I am on my way to spend a little today and then get ideas on specifics.  We have been on such a tight budget for so long I have no idea what to do with myself.  Plus the fact that I have been nursing or pregnant since March of 2009 (-6 months) has made it hard to really want any clothes that don't have a stretchy waist band.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • norbert5 said:

@trackgirlparis, it is for Roseville.

Thanks for all the input ladies.  I am on my way to spend a little today and then get ideas on specifics.  We have been on such a tight budget for so long I have no idea what to do with myself.  Plus the fact that I have been nursing or pregnant since March of 2009 (-6 months) has made it hard to really want any clothes that don't have a stretchy waist band.

I am so freaking jealous. Have fun shopping though! And treat yourself!

imageimage    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"