Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

When does it get better?

I'm sorry if this is TMI in places, if to too long, or if I'm just boring or obnoxious. This is mostly just to get things off of my mind and into the open!

had a miscarriage on June 17th. I was 8 weeks pregnant with my first child. I went from being the happiest person on earth, to being scared out of my mind and covered in blood in an ER. I'm grateful my husband was there through everything, but as much reading and research as I did, I wasn't prepared for this.

I went in with spotting, and first thing they did was an ultrasound. When we couldn't find a heartbeat, I felt shattered. When I went to empty my bladder for the internal ultrasound afterwards, and it all happened, pretty much at once. The sac and everything passed whole. I didn't know what I was looking at until the doctor told me. I was in such shock at the amount of blood, and I couldn't make it stop. Seeing what would have been my baby just lying there, gone. It makes me feel sick.

I was going to be the first to bring in the next generation of the family. My whole life I've known that I was meant to be a mom. My husband and I are just so devastated. You see the statistics and you always just hope that you'll be one of the ones that makes it.

We hadn't told many people about the pregnancy, so it's hard to pretend I'm the same person I was a few months ago to people who have no idea. My family has been supportive, but it's just been so hard to process.

Weeks of bleeding, blood tests, feeling weak and sick, cramping, crying. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Aunt Flo comes soon and I can start feeling normal again. :(

At this point everyone else seems fine, but I still feel like a broken version of myself. Am I weak, or dwelling? Should I be okay by now? I know everyone heals at their own rate, but my husband was absolutely as crushed and hurt as I was, and he seems better now. I don't know how long it's appropriate to keep talking about it, and when you're supposed to just shut up and move on. :(

Sorry again if this is boring or too long! :(|)

Re: When does it get better?

• Options
    **ticker warning**

Hugs to you sweetie! You can absolutely take as long as you need and don't feel like there is something wrong. Guys are different because they only go through the emotional part - not physical. My DH is extremely unemotional so I never see much grief with him. Your hormones go on a roller coaster - I call it crashing because that's what it feels like to me. For most of us, it's really hard to accept that yesterday we were pregnant and today we aren't. My advice to you is to find someone you can confide in - a friend, sibling, therapist, this board, whoever, and just talk talk talk. Say everything - whether you feel it's silly or boring or crazy, it's ok. I don't have many friends so I really turned to this board during my first loss because I was so... Lost. Just remember that though you were given a rough hand, there's an extremely good chance you will have a happy and healthy pregnancy after this. Lots of love to you!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    RahxyRahxy member
    You're right, it does feel like a crash. Thanks so much for your sweet reply! I really feel better just to have someone acknowledge what happened and that nothing is wrong with me. Thank you. :)

I have one friend I can talk to but I feel like I'm going to drown her in conversations about it! She's so sweet and understanding, maybe I need to just make the plunge and try to confide in another friend, see if that works out. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You also have us! Please feel free to post on this board or even pm me if you just need to chat!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really hard feeling like people are expecting you to move on and just let it go, but that's your baby. We can't just stop wanting to talk about our babies no matter what happens.

It's hard and it takes a lot of courage to get
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    There is absolutely no timeline for grief- take as long as you need and don't let anyone tell you differently. I am a little over a month out from our last loss, and still having good days and bad ones...over time, the good days are outnumbering the bad ones, but that doesn't mean I'm not still processing it all. You will never be the same person you were before the loss, so don't feel like you have to try to be. So sorry for your loss.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! I agree with PPs, grieve in your own time, in your own way. You are not weak because you need to communicate your sadness. We are always here to be an ear! Big hugs to you!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    RahxyRahxy member
    Thank you, ladies! It almost brings me tears of relief knowing that I'm not doing this wrong. There's no training or preparation in our society for m/c, and that is really a shame.

As common as it is, and considering everyone has to deal with it, directly or indirectly, we should really teach our society how to deal with it and discuss it in a healthy way.
       As it stands, it feels like such a taboo subject. But you wouldn't treat a woman who just lost her grandmother or her 6 year old son the same way you treat someone who just suffered a m/c. People are just so scared to address it, it's easier to just sweep it under a rug.

It feels good to know that I can come here with no shame or worries, pour my heart out, and no matter what I feel or think, there's real support and understanding. 

This was our first pregnancy, so we were really excited. We told my parents and siblings the day after we found out (on hubby's birthday), and they were so excited and happy, they insisted I tell grandparents and aunts/uncles. By two weeks in most of my family knew, and half of my brothers friends. It felt really great to have all of these people excited with us! We had a whole community of people just buzzing with excitement and anticipation.

Then it all crashed. It felt awful telling people, and I felt guilty for bringing such bad news to them like that. Luckily, my parents took over telling most of my relatives, and Hubby's brother told a good portion of the in-laws. That was a stress we just didn't need. 

As heart-breaking as it is to go through this under a magnifying glass, with all of your family and friends knowing and pitying you, I don't regret telling people so early, before that 12 wk mark.

I was only pregnant for 8wks and 3days, but for as long as I knew I was pregnant, I got to share it with people, and be excited, openly, and enjoy that pregnancy and planning that babys life while he/she was growing. 

My Dr. wants us to wait 2 or 3 months (after my first period) before trying again, and while I hate to wait, I'm not as healed as I like to think I am. I may be okay through most of the day, but I'm not THAT ready. I know my hubby and I will try again and I will be pregnant again soon enough, and we'll finally be able to start our family. It gives me something to look forward to, and that helps to take the sting away, at least a little bit.

This is one of those moments where I almost wish I were a religious person. I'm not, and I know it just doesn't suit me, but after losing my grandma, who was my best friend, and now this. I actually prayed the night we were in the ER, last month. I didn't know what else to do. And now I want nothing more than to go to the cemetery and tell my grandma all about her great-grandbaby. She would have been so excited for us. I'm really glad that some people who go through this can be comforted in knowing that their little baby is up in Heaven, with their other loved ones. That is a beautiful thing. :)

Dang, that comment wound up way longer than I intended. Sorry, guys! I haven't really talked about this since the week or two following the m/c, so I guess it's all built up! :P

Thanks again for listening, and being so understanding. I was really nervous about posting! <3
  • Options
    Hey rahxy, I know exactly how u feel and just want u to know it's ok to feel this way. I had a miscarriage back in December and I still can't forget that time an day till today. I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix so I started having contractions and went into early labor. I was 15 weeks pregnant and I went into ER after seeing an egg yolk like discharge. They did ultrasound and told me everything was fine until a nurse came and put me into a wheelchair and rolled me over to labor and delivery section of the hospital. I knew something was up and was devastated. My water broke and I went into labor. My husband was on the floor and crying begging the doctors to save our baby... And all we heard was I am so sorry
  • Options
    So I went into labor and had a baby boy who was so small that he fit into my hands. I won't ever forget him ... He was my angel. And I know it's hard for u as well.... But miracles happen and u will be pregnant again and be able to have a beautiful baby... It's k to feel this way... Lots of hugs❤️❤️❤️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"