Cloth Diapering
Options

Laundry help - Dryer balls

I recently switched to using dryer balls for all of our laundry.  I haven't noticed any differences in my clothes, but DH started complaining that his gym shorts and golf shirts with stay dry type fabrics have a lot of static now.  Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?  I've been using 3 balls in most loads (I have 6).  This is what I bought:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GA9P5P0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Laundry help - Dryer balls

• Options
    Synthetics get static if you over dry them.  I take them out when they are still slightly damp and hang them up to air dry.
    I never had that problem before.  So you think the dryer balls are being too efficient?

• Options
    Ahh ok.  I'll have to try that.   Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hang dry my synthetic stay-dry garments. They dry pretty quickly and I think they last longer that way. Plus I've heard too many stories about Capilene melting in the dryer. Not worth the risk of accidentally using the wrong setting.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs about not drying synthetics too long, but I also recently saw static reducing dryer balls at Target. I might pick a set up because we only have 2 and I feel like with dryer balls, the more, the better. Especially since they constantly end up in the laundry basket caught in a piece of clothing.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I hang dry my synthetic stay-dry garments. They dry pretty quickly and I think they last longer that way. Plus I've heard too many stories about Capilene melting in the dryer. Not worth the risk of accidentally using the wrong setting.
    I'm thinking I should just start doing this.  No reason not to, other than my laziness.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"