Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

sittercity or care.com?

Just curious about people's experiences with both. We are looking to hire a nanny and want a high quality person. I'm curious about the people you found on the site, the quality of the background checks, search features, etc. I have an unpaid trial thing on care.com & I have quite a few applicants, but I can't contact anybody unless I pay for membership. I also read from a few people that the background checks offered on both sites vary. Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: sittercity or care.com?

• Options
    No personal experience to speak of but several of my mom friends have been happy with care.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was happy with care.com I also found a coupon code for the first month, so it was about $25. If you're interested, google it , I'm sure it's still out there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The care providers on Care also have to pay for a membership. Sittercity is free. So you may have a higher quality people on Care, if they are willing to pay. It does cost the provider to supply a background check on Sittercity. I don't know about the background check quality. You can always run your own with the person's permission, but it can take two weeks to get results back.
  • Options
    I found nothing but twits on care.com

I placed an ad with very specific details on what we were looking for and was inundated with people who are incapable of following directions. 

For example, I made it very clear (as in all caps) that we were looking for someone to care for our child IN OUR HOME ONLY. I received messages: "I have a blah blah month/year old and am looking to make extra money. You can drop your daughter off at my house" or "I'm trying to start my own daycare. Drop your child off at my house". 

My take was, if you can't comprehend my add or follow directions, I'm sure as hell not going to trust you with my child. 

Never tried sittercity and I am now a SAHM. 
  • Options
    Thanks. That's what I say now...some people are idiots and if you can't follow a simple direction or even proofread what you send me, you are not good enough to watch my child. I've emailed a few people that applied but they don't respond. Go figure.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    purtzpurtz member
    I've had very good luck with care.com; never tried sittercity. All of the people that we've hired we contacted (versus applied). This gives you the ability to get much more selective in shopping for someone with your ideal profile. Think of the whole process like a job search and give all the stages ample time. When we were looking for a full time nanny, we had the final 3 candidates do half day 'trial runs' and observed them in action with our kids. GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"