August 2014 Moms

Who is having contractions?

I need someone to share this with before I go crazy. I had a dr appointment on Monday and discussed lower back pain/ random contractions with my Ob. I'm almost 3 cm 50% effaced. Well since Monday I've been having more regular contractions about 5 mins apart for like two hours and then they die out and will start again later. This is foreign territory to me because with DS I had no prior contractions to my water breaking and had a baby 7 hours later. I know I could be in for weeks of contractions but I just wanted to see who is going through the same thing and what your plan is as far as heading to L & D.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who is having contractions?

• Ahhhhh welcome to the prodromal labor club.... it's exhausting!

I'm in the same boat.  Several contractions around the same time every evening that eventually peeter out.  If it's anything like my daughter, then pretty soon they'll be all day every day, get closer in the evening, but never quite close enough to justify going to L&D...

I'm sticking with the 5-7 minute rule.  When I got to the point where they were about that far apart for a few hours I went in and I was almost a 4 and active labor started very shortly after.  Hoping for a similar experience this time.

• Ahhhhh welcome to the prodromal labor club.... it's exhausting!

I'm in the same boat.  Several contractions around the same time every evening that eventually peeter out.  If it's anything like my daughter, then pretty soon they'll be all day every day, get closer in the evening, but never quite close enough to justify going to L&D...

I'm sticking with the 5-7 minute rule.  When I got to the point where they were about that far apart for a few hours I went in and I was almost a 4 and active labor started very shortly after.  Hoping for a similar experience this time.
    When you say 5-7 rule do you mean contractions you can't talk through? Mine have been 5-7 mins apart and I'm worried after my water breaks it's going to go extremely fast. However I can talk through them, they are just so uncomfortable.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm having them, but they don't have any sort of pattern. I'm 37 weeks today and I'll get a ton where it feels like my uterus is hardening, then I'll get a squeezing period cramp feeling and then nothing. Sooo yeah pretty annoying :)
  • I'm having them, but they don't have any sort of pattern. I'm 37 weeks today and I'll get a ton where it feels like my uterus is hardening, then I'll get a squeezing period cramp feeling and then nothing. Sooo yeah pretty annoying :)
    This. And not everyday yet.....GL gals! :)

• :-h this is me. The past week they've gotten more intense and frequent. I don't know if I'm dialated or effaced yet, my midwife i don't believe does internal checks. They do eventually go away.

My plan is to basically wait them out. If they become more intense or i have trouble sleeping/talking through them then I'll go to the hospital but until then it's just a wait and see kind of game.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • BeachMBeachM member
    Mine were 6 minutes apart for several hours when I finally called the OB and asked if I should go in.  I want to say about 3 hours passed between leaving for the hospital and my c/s, and during that time the contractions never really got a lot closer together but they did get much more intense and painful. 

I don't know if that helps and it was just my experience, but I thought I'd share.  I also have nothing to compare it to since I was induced with my first.

• belle785 said:
    Ahhhhh welcome to the prodromal labor club.... it's exhausting!

When you say 5-7 rule do you mean contractions you can't talk through? Mine have been 5-7 mins apart and I'm worried after my water breaks it's going to go extremely fast. However I can talk through them, they are just so uncomfortable.
    That's what I am waiting on.  I even took a shower and waited a couple hours timing them, trying to get them to stop and they never did.  When I went into my drs office, he took one look at me and told me to go downstairs to L&D.  I was only at a 4, but was completely effaced.  Right now its just so uncomfortable.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have been like this for weeks. I'm so done. They got to be about 5-6min apart Sunday night for about 5 hours then nothing.

• I've been having contractions for weeks. They usually get stronger and more consistent in the evening. I've had them as close as 5 min apart for over 3 hours, but they stopped after I went to sleep. I guess I'll wait until they are about 3 min apart before I go in. Recently they have become stronger but spaced further apart.

I feel like a FTM when it comes to this labor stuff. With DS my contractions started at 7 min apart and just got stronger/closer together until I was convinced there was no way they could stop. Labor is so confusing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm experiencing a cramping sensation, but there's no discernible start or finish, just a steady, dull pain low in my pelvis. Can BH present themselves that way or is this something else?

Thanks ladies! Hope you all get some relief soon!
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• I've been having them on and off for weeks, the worst was 4 min apart or 3 hours at 32 weeks then again at 34 weeks. I'm just so used to them now I'm pretty sure I won't know when actual early labor starts..
    Books.  Blogs.  Battlestar Galactica.  

Tiny Man 05/31/2012  I Tinier Man 07/28/2014
  • In the same exact boat! Had my drs apt Monday and was at 1.5cm and have been having steady contractions since Friday. She told me not to call unless I couldn't talk/walk/deal with the contractions and they should be 6-8 apart. My water broke with my DS and didn't start having true contractions until I was in the hospital so I feel you on this. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and so over this! GL everyone!!
  • Mine started at 37 weeks. I'm 38.5 now.

I've been walking every night and they ramp up, last night I actually had to stop and breathe thru a few, but as soon as I stop moving they peter out.

I walked for 2 hours. Today, if I go up or down stairs, they start up again. I just want this to be over already! It's getting exhausting. That and when I walk, my fingers get all swollen. #pregnancyproblems :((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I had them 7 minutes apart for about 3 hours yesterday. Then they fizzled out and I had a few more episodes throughout the day, but I stopped tracking it. And they're back again today! I'm really hoping something happens soon because who wants to deal with this for days or weeks?! Thankfully, I have an induction scheduled for next Friday so there is an end in sight, but Id rather go on my own.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • I'm confused and sick of analyzing it all, I haven't had anything consistent enough to time besides what I think are BH. But then I get the tightening of the belly and some lower back and lower ab pain every once in a while. Have an appointment fri so I'll ask, just really trying to avoid being checked if I don't need to. I'm really hoping that "I'll just know" works out for me lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Me... I've been doing this routine for three weeks now and I am so over it.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• noodles84 said:
    I don't think I have had any. I was induced with DD and don't remember feeling any pain until after my water was broken.  I am not sure I know what to expect.  The Dr. claims I will know...guess we will see. :)
    This. I feel like a dummy since I'm a STM but I honestly don't know what a contraction feels like. My water broke out of no where with DD before I had any pains and then I was in ridiculous constant pain almost immediately. There was no timing what I felt when I was in labor before. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• ebp913ebp913 member
    On and off for a week now.  It sucks.  I have BHs pretty much all day with some contractions here and there.  It got pretty bad a week ago and if it had continued I would have gone to L&D but so far, nothing really lasting.  I'm 2cm, 70%, baby is low.  Doc says I'll deliver in a couple days... I think that's being overly optimistic.  I'm trying to make it another week or so before I start walking/having sex all the time/trying to have this baby. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • caybehcaybeh member
    I think I had a few last night. My water broke first with my first one and then contractions started. What I felt last night wasn't what I remembered with my first after my water broke. Last night, my stomach would get tight, I would have squeezing period cramps down in my lower abdomen and pelvis and it would go down one side of my leg. However, if i was sitting there was nothing. When I stood up and walked a few feet, then bam. For one or two of them I had to stop and hold the wall. With DS I thought I remembered that the period cramps went up my whole stomach. But then again, I never had the "early labor" cramps with DS. They stopped and I never timed them it was just a few.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I've started having more painful ones at night after I go to bed. Only have 1 or 2 over the course of the night. It is unpleasant but is nothing like what you gals are describing!
    x

• belle785 said:
    Ahhhhh welcome to the prodromal labor club.... it's exhausting!

More like contractions that make you take pause.... I could still talk through mine reasonably well, but it took work.  Does that make sense?  Also it should be relentless, and getting stronger, not so much of a "here we go again" thing....

• Me too!!! Last night i was up all night!!! Terrible contractions!!! I never believed the thunderstorm thing but i guess maybe? I had them all night then the storm passed around 6 and they stopped! So weird! Its the first full night i have had this pregnancy...

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've seriously been up almost all night with maybe two hours of sleep. They got to four min apart and stayed that way for hours. Took a bath, drank some water, walked around.....Still coming. I didn't go to L&D because I wanted to wait till I knew for sure without a doubt that it was the real deal. Anyways they did hurt but I wasn't white knuckling it yet and so I waited to see if they got more intense.....after hours of this I was just so damn tired so I tried sleeping and I was able to a little bit but would jerk awake a lot because of contractions. And as of right now they are still coming they are more spaced out but they just won't quit. I have a doctor appt. Tomorrow. I contemplated going in today because I know I could get checked and possibly get a second membrane stripping but I'm so tired and exhausted that I just don't know if I have the energy to go. At the same time though I don't wanna go through this all day with nothing happening. I've been through this enough already that if there's any chance of getting things into gear I kinda wanna do that...ugh I just don't know WWYD?

Sorry so long

You have been going through this for weeks haven't you? If they will see you, I'd just go in to have them stripped again. Especially since it sounds like you are soclose. If not, will they do it tomorrow? Do you have an apt in the morning?

• edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I kind of hope my water just breaks so I know when to go in. I've been having what I assume are contractions, they hurt, but they aren't happening in intervals and don't last long. Everyone says I'll know when it is the real thing, but I haven't experienced anything close to what I would imagine that to be. I have an appointment today so I hope I'm dilated and effaced some because right now I feel like nothing is happening!
  • I don't even know how to describe what I feel anymore. What I thought were baby kicks may have been BH and vice versa. My lower back has been on fire for over a week and walking has become near impossible because she is so low I feel like she will fall out. Last night I started having shooting pains in my lower abs and a huge urge to pee but nothing. I have appt tomorrow and not sure if I should have internal check. Last week I was 2cm 50% but not sure if getting checked will serve a benefit other than give me more anxiety if nothing has changed. 38 wks 3days. This "final 2 weeks wait" has turned me into an anxious freak, I only think about labor 24/7 and the days are moving soooooo slow.
  • I've seriously been up almost all night with maybe two hours of sleep. They got to four min apart and stayed that way for hours. Took a bath, drank some water, walked around.....Still coming. I didn't go to L&D because I wanted to wait till I knew for sure without a doubt that it was the real deal. Anyways they did hurt but I wasn't white knuckling it yet and so I waited to see if they got more intense.....after hours of this I was just so damn tired so I tried sleeping and I was able to a little bit but would jerk awake a lot because of contractions. And as of right now they are still coming they are more spaced out but they just won't quit. I have a doctor appt. Tomorrow. I contemplated going in today because I know I could get checked and possibly get a second membrane stripping but I'm so tired and exhausted that I just don't know if I have the energy to go. At the same time though I don't wanna go through this all day with nothing happening. I've been through this enough already that if there's any chance of getting things into gear I kinda wanna do that...ugh I just don't know WWYD?

Sorry so long

@lappyfoinker‌ I have an appt tomorrow too and I'm asking to get a mem strip too if things don't progress tonight. All day long today, on and off, and strong. Here's hoping!!

• I've been having BH for a couple months now, and the last few weeks they've stayed around 6-8 an hour. With my DD who is 5 I also had strong contractions but one day. Knew the difference and couldn't talk through them :) with this pregnancy I have been monitored once in house and once in the hospital but contractions weren't true, even with 4 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I just want this baby here ASAP! Csection scheduled Aug 4th if I can make it!
  • Same boat here. Did it with DD too. Got so bad last night that I went to triage at L&D and they sent me home. Hopefully soon the real thing will kick in and we wont be left wondering so much.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah, I'm have a few here and there, nothing consistent.  I'm keeping her in there until my scheduled C-section on the 08/01/14

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mislogismislogis member
    edited July 2014
    belle785 said:
    Well ladies... My contractions turned into the real deal! I delivered my little boy at 1:59 am only 3.5 hours after my contractions became regular and 2.5 hours after my water breaking. I'll post birth story later.

Congrarulations! Yeh, I'm a bit jealous. And my friend delivered today too she was due 7/31. I'm due 3 days later. :((

• I didn't have any contractions with my son, but i'm 35 weeks and have them daily.  Weekends are the worst (I'm guessing because I'm picking him up more) I have had them about 2.5-3 minutes apart for a few hours and then they go away.  I have my first exam on monday.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MC03MC03 member
    Yeah, I'm have a few here and there, nothing consistent.  I'm keeping her in there until my scheduled C-section on the 08/01/14
    This is me exactly, including the RCS on 8/1.  

imageimage
  • I about cried when I told my ob today about the noon stop still irregular contractions that I've been having for the last week, and she just answered, "those nonproductive contractions are the worst!"

No kidding lady, and you haven't checked me at all to know if they are making any changes!!! But good news, she decided she wants to see me after my ultrasound on the 4th right away instead of waiting for my regular appointment on Thursday. I'm still hoping baby will come before (I'll be 39 wks on the 4th).
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Ugh. I was up from 3-6am last night. They've never woken me up. I thought "could this be it?!?"
    And then they stopped. Seriously, it's like Mother Nature wants to fuck with me one. Last. Time. To drag it out for as long as possible, since this is my last. :((.

• I believe I'm being added to the prodromal labor club. 8-} it is going to drive me bat shit crazy. I don't want to time/count these effers %-(
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • belle785 said:

Well ladies... My contractions turned into the real deal! I delivered my little boy at 1:59 am only 3.5 hours after my contractions became regular and 2.5 hours after my water breaking. I'll post birth story later.

Yay congratulations!! I'm JEALOUS....send some of that real labor mojo my way lol!

Labor thoughts headed your way!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"