Pregnant after a Loss

Speaking of alcohol

What are your thoughts on taking communion wine? I'm Orthodox and there isn't a non-wine option. You drink the wine from the time your baptized (40 days after birth).

I've been taking it w/o a 2nd thought. All the other PG ladies take it too. Just curious what ya'll think.

Re: Speaking of alcohol

• I honestly think you're fine;  first, it's not like you're getting sloshed..... and second, do you really think the women in Italy and France give up the vino??

No way.

• on another note, I'm a little more unsure of giving the wine to babies 40 days after birth.... their tiny delicate systems can handle that??
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetravelingkris:
    on another note, I'm a little more unsure of giving the wine to babies 40 days after birth.... their tiny delicate systems can handle that??

It's half water half wine and only a spoonful. I think cough medicine has more alcohol in it than that.

• Good point-- I'm sure it was fine, or more ppl would have raised a stink  :)

• imagetravelingkris:
    Good point-- I'm sure it was fine, or more ppl would have raised a stink  :)

Yeah. You have to imagine there are some Orthodox Doctors out there that might have had something to say about it.

• imagejustgnat:

imagetravelingkris:
    Good point-- I'm sure it was fine, or more ppl would have raised a stink  :)

Yeah. You have to imagine there are some Orthodox Doctors out there that might have had something to say about it.

LOL... for sure. 

• Lutheran here...and my church does the little cups on the tray and there is always a juice option.  I enjoy taking the juice :-)  but I am sure that tiny amount of wine is fine.
    BFP#1=1/17/08 Missed m/c: 3/19/08@ 12 w D&C 3/21/08 BFP #2=8/5/08 She arrived 4/16/09! image BFP#3 7/9/11 EDD:3/16/11 Logan Patrick born sleeping on 3/20/11 image
  • Just "kiss" the goblet. Isn't a tiny amount of wine on the lips the same as a larger sip. (Just as a tiny piece of the host is the same as a whole host?) I'm speaking from what I learned in Catechism.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"