Single Parents
Options

Andddd he might get off.

So, finally getting ahold of this social security mess. Once again they dropped the ball and I'm waiting for mail. Anyway, in the next couple weeks I should get my first payment, $600/month. Yay for financial help FINALLY but sucky that he might get off with nothing. SS counts towards his monthly CS obligation. Here in VA, it's a straight calculation so it will be about $500 if they consider my income last year with his or $1000 if they don't take my income. I've mentioned before his atty is fighting for both incomes to be considered. SOOOOOOOOOOOO if the judge ends up considering both, MC will get off scott free and not have to pay a dime...until I put DD in daycare...when cs goes up astronomically. I'm really not willing to put her in daycare and work a 9-5 traditional job just to make him pay, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't crossed my mind. On the flip side, I'm guessing he was aware of how much the payment would be from SS and that's why he's decided to be a deadbeat...knowing he'd get off. I just want 100% assurance he will leave us the f**k alone. I'd give anything to have that. I really wish signing away rights was a thing. It breaks my heart to see little girls with their grandparents at the mall and such, knowing that really wont be E's life unless I bite the bullet, take a risk, and move back to FL. Ugh!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Andddd he might get off.

• Options
    Go. Go to Florida and be with your family. Don't deprive you and your dd just to try to spite your ex.
  • Options
    eg214eg214 member
    Thanks. I'm considering it highly. I hate living there so much, but it might be best for her to have her grandparents around. I'm going to take some serious time to think about it. Still might go to NC for a year in between.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not a bad idea cause you might love nc and stay!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"