Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Intro and question

Hi! I am momma to a 2.5 year old and an 11 month old. I am also a nanny! I have a question about growth. I know growth slows after 6 months old, but shouldn't percentile a remain about the same? My 11 month old was born 98% for height and weight, but is now 91 for weight and 71 for height. This doesn't seem normal to me. He is otherwise healthy and a good eater....

Re: Intro and question

• He's been steadily going down, and then majorly between 6 and 11 months. I know growth slows down in ALL babies, so percentage-wise he should still remain about the same.
  • I didn't see my pedi today. It was an RN who isn't familiar with my family/child. I had never even met her before. She also said a few things that shocked me, so I really don't have much trust in her.....
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't be super concerned. He is still above average in weight and height and it's only a 20% difference. Plus your LO is more mobile now which can make him gain weight a little slower. If you are super concerned call and leave a message for your pedi and I am sure they can call you back for reassurance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"