January 2014 Moms
Options

high fever with vaccines

DD had her 6 month appt yesterday. This morning her fever was 103.1. I called ped office and said that it's normal for it to be that high. That seems awfully high, anyone's lo get that high after vaccines? She hasn't had a reaction yet the other times. I gave her tylenol/ used a cool cloth and its come down to 101. Which still seems high to me for getting Tylenol.

It's making more nervous.. Anyone with this same experience? Thank you!

BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: high fever with vaccines

• Options
    Someone else just posted about the same thing a couple of days ago, but her LO had a 103 fever for I think a couple of days and some other issues which made it seem like it was not a vaccine reaction. She also followed an alternate vaccine schedule....

Anyways, in babies, a high fever is somewhat normal and I would say if it goes away after 24 hours, you are ok. Babies sprout fevers over everything, so just watch LO and call your pedi if you feel anything is out of the ordinary. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. She is eating, but just extremely fussy and clingy which I can understand. I would be cranky with a fever that high too. Th is makes me feel a little better that others went through this. Everyone I was asking friends/fam said that seemed awfully high for vaccines and there kids never got that high. So their comments were making me more nervous.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boy had a fever that high as well with vaccines. And with Tylenol and cool cloths it kept creeping up. Eventually it went down. And we were told also if it lasts longer than 24 hours to call pedi.
  • Options
    My DD was fussy and had a 100 degree fever for 2 days after her 6 month vaccinations.  She didn't react any other times.. 
  • Options
    thanks ladies! I gave her a cool bath and now its down to 99.0. I have been doing rectal temps, since those are the most accurate and she is pooping like crazy. She has blown out of 2 outfits so far. I hope it continues to stay down. I will also try the frozen teethers, I keep a few in the freezer at all times. :) she likes she chew on those..

• Options
    DD just had her 6 months shots yesterday too and today she is cranky with a slight fever - not as high as  your LOs.  Pedi warned us yesterday about fever and to just give tylenol. 

• Options
    My little guy had his shots yesterday and has a fever today. First time he's had a reaction to the shots.

I wonder what it is about the 6 monthers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    @PaintTheAir‌ i was wondering the same thing. There weren't any new vaccines, She had all those same ones before. All party of a series. It's got me stumped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"