April 2014 Moms
Options

For those who love a good ombré

I haven't gotten my hair done since last nov/dec... I don't foresee my self getting a color for a looong time

Anyone else on their way to a "natural" Ombré??? I know how popular they are around here ;)

Pics for extra points (I'll post one later)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For those who love a good ombré

• Options
    I had a natural ombre during my pregnancy. I had my colorist do one transitionary process and then didn't color my hair during my entire pregnancy. I chose it like you, out of not wanting to keep up with maintenance rather than a fashion statement. I'm back to full blonde and highlighting it again, it's pretty low maintenance in that I only have to color ever 12+weeks, but high maintenance due to the fact that it takes 5+ hours because I have so much hair and therefore a billion foils to put in.  I haven't had a mani pedi in ages and my brow and facial appointments are further and fewer.  Its hard finding the time for vanity as a new mother.
  • Options
    TallaBTallaB member
    My roots will be to my ears soon enough! Thats ombre, right? I'm glad its in style!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol I know right

• Options
    @knotty-girl‌ mine takes the long too- it stresses me out to make an appointment bc of it- I feel there are other things I could be doing. instead and honestly we have been booked pretty much every weekend since I've had the baby so I really have had time.

I actually only get my hair done twice a year bc I get low lights so it has a much better natural blend- however we are exceeded that time period and I know I won't be making and appointment for at least another month or two- maybe not even until I'm done bfing.

I wanted to try to get mani/pedis ( much less time consuming) every two weeks at least but that hasn't worked out I always have something going on or sleep that I could get.

• Options
    I feel so lucky that one of my SILs is a cosmetologist. I just buy the supplies for what I want done (or give her the money to buy them, if you have to have a cosmetology license to get them), go to her place a weekend she doesn't have plans, and she'll do it for me. ^_^

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    AshleypixieAshleypixie member
    edited July 2014
    I do my own highlights and lowlights but it's hard and I've gotten lazy so the back of my head is getting slightly ombre as time goes on. I'd love for someone else to do it but I can't shell out $200 for something I can do myself. I have no clue what it's like to go to a salon as a customer and not a stylist, is it nice? ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I didn't even know this was a thing. Oy. That said I'm getting my hair did on Saturday! Probs just a cut. Might go faux hawk, but I've yet to decide.
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    Balayage is a good way to go too! I love mine as it grows out. My DD slept through my entire 2 hour hair appt when I got it cut and colored. Good white noise in a salon!

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Options
    WTF is an ombré?

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    J&NLJ&NL member

Balayage is a good way to go too! I love mine as it grows out. My DD slept through my entire 2 hour hair appt when I got it cut and colored. Good white noise in a salon!

I agree. I love bayalage.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    WTF is an ombré?

• Options
    Balayage is what I want her to do next time I can get up there and have her do my hair. :x

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    knotty-girlknotty-girl member
    edited July 2014
    Actually, now that I think of it, my avatar has ombre hair. (I am aware of the accent, but can't figure out how to do it on my ipad keyboard)
  • Options
    I had a natural ombre during my pregnancy. I had my colorist do one transitionary process and then didn't color my hair during my entire pregnancy. I chose it like you, out of not wanting to keep up with maintenance rather than a fashion statement. I'm back to full blonde and highlighting it again, it's pretty low maintenance in that I only have to color ever 12+weeks, but high maintenance due to the fact that it takes 5+ hours because I have so much hair and therefore a billion foils to put in.  I haven't had a mani pedi in ages and my brow and facial appointments are further and fewer.  Its hard finding the time for vanity as a new mother.
    I haven't done blonde since I was like 18 or 19, which was 6 or 7 years ago (god, has it really been that long?!)... I want to, but my hair is stupid long also and I know it would take a lot of time and money to get it the way I'd like. Not to mention that if I tried to sit in a salon long enough to get my hair done my boobs would probably explode.  :-S

My birthday's coming up in September though. Maybe I'll ask for a salon and spa treatment. 
    :-bd
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Bluebird2318 said: 
     Not to mention that if I tried to sit in a salon long enough to get my hair done my boobs would probably explode.  :-S
    They let me pump in a back room. :)
  • Options

WTF is an ombré?

Didn't know that had a name. Learned something new today.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I was already familiar with the term as a graphic artist: https://www.yourdictionary.com/ombr-e
  • Options
    People pay to have this done to their hair? Mine does it naturally - it bleaches in the sun during the summer and grows out during the winter, and this is how it looks most of the time. I've always been embarrassed about it. Around here, we just say that someone's roots are showing. If it's trendy, then paint me pleased.  :)

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

• Options
    Actually, now that I think of it, my avatar has ombre hair. (I am aware of the accent, but can't figure out how to do it on my ipad keyboard)
    @knotty-girl  option key + E + E = é

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

• Options
    RoufiRoufi member
    Poppy I love the faux hawk look (it's fun to wear and easy to style, perfect for me since I'm lazy) and it would look amazing on you!

The only thing I have to say about short hair is it's a good thing my sister's good at cutting it because it gets shaggy and gross quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"